The X-SMC3-S AirPlay Music Tap System from Pioneer provides power from a 2-channel digital amplifier and dual full range drivers in a passive radiator enclosure. It includes 2.5" color display on its face, an Ethernet input, a USB input, composite video support and an accompanying remote and iPhone application to let you control the unit from across the room.
In the event you do not own an Apple device, there is an Aux input as well as support for DLNA, a standard the enables users of non-Apple devices to connect wirelessly and stream tunes. The X-SMC3-S AirPlay Music Tap System is compatible with other Pioneer equipment allowing you to enjoy music throughout your home, provided you've already got it installed. They'll also work with AirPlay-enabled apps like Pandora Internet radio, iHeartRadio and other music streaming service applications.
Lastly, AirPlay uses your existing Wi-Fi network and requires no set-up or pairing required.
- Enjoy music wirelessly from your iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, or Mac or PC running iTunes
- No set-up or pairing required - AirPlay uses your existing Wi-Fi network
- Use your Apple device or iTunes on your computer to browse and playback your favorite albums and playlists
- View album art and metadata on the full-color 2.5" screen
- Get access to the growing number of AirPlay-enabled apps like Pandora and iHeartRadio
- Apple lossless ensures no degradation in sound quality
- Enjoy music throughout the house with multiple systems
- Enjoy music wirelessly from any DLNA certified 1.5 compliant device, including Android phones and tablets, Windows 7 computers, etc.
- High-resolution audio playback with support for 192kHz/24-Bit FLAC and WAV files
- Get access to thousands of Internet radio stations from around the world
- vTuner catalogs stations by country, genre, etc. and allows you to search for your favorites
- Create presets to access your favorite stations
- Connects via Bluetooth to share music and create playlists with up to 4 iPhone, iPod, iPad devices