The DVI to Mini DisplayPort Converter (USB-Powered) from Atlona is designed to convert a DVI or Mini DVI signal from any Mac or PC to a digital signal over a Mini DisplayPort connector, which is currently used on the Apple 24" Display and iMac 27". This converter allows you to extend your desktop to an Apple 24" or iMac 27" or similar DisplayPort display.
Users can use the connected monitor as the main display or extend their desktop using it in addition to their laptop's screen. The converter is compatible with all Apple and PC computers with a DVI or Mini DVI connection. It has an attached DVI cable and USB power source, eliminating the need for an external power supply.
Note for Apple LED 24" users: When using an HDMI source with an output resolution that doesn't match the display like a PlayStation 3 or Apple TV a scaler is needed between the source and this converter.
Note for Apple iMac 27" users: Even through the AT-DP200 is capable of passing high resolutions up to 1920 x 1200, users of iMac 27" will only be able to get picture with resolutions up to 1280 x 720 (720p). For PS3 or Xbox users, you can use this converter without additional devices at only 720p resolution.
- Compatible with all Mac and PC computers with a DVI output
- Supports resolutions up to 1920 x 1200 on Apple 24" and 720p on iMac 27"
- HDCP compatible
- True pixel to pixel signal
- Xbox or PlayStation 3 users will be able to connect to iMac 27" without additional hardware
- Full EDID management allows storing of EDID information on the converter to make sure there is always a connection between the computer and display
- Re-clocking technology ensures the signal retains the same quality it had before entering the converter
- Power over USB, no power supply is required
- Attached DVI cable