The WD My Book Studio External Hard Drive has 2TB of storage that works out of the box with your Mac OS X Leopard or Snow Leopard machine. Data transfer speeds up to 800Mb/s ensure fast transfer of your information, especially when connected via the FireWire-800 port. My Book also provides a USB 2.0 port.
Built with an aluminum enclosure, the drive is designed to run cool and quiet without a fan. Optional WD SmartWare software comes included with the drive as well, allowing you to install only the components you choose to add. The drive also does its part to conserve energy with its WD GreenPower Technology, which lowers the internal drive's power consumption by up to 30%. And for peace-of-mind, My Book features password protection and hardware-based encryption, along with a 3-year warranty.
- Heat-Dissipating Aluminum Enclosure
- The aluminum enclosure complements your Mac computer and the book-like design allows two or more My Book drives to nestle neatly together like volumes on a shelf
- Dual Interfaces
- Save and access data at FireWire 800 speeds or change gears and utilize the USB 2.0 interface
- Optional WD SmartWare
- Visual backup software and drive management control center. Install all components, some or none. It's up to you
- Formatted HFS+ Journaled
- Works out of the box with your Mac OS X Leopard or Snow Leopard system. Can easily be reformatted to work with Windows XP, Vista, or 7
- Password Protection
- Your data is protected from unauthorized access or theft with password protection and hardware-based encryption (requires WD SmartWare software)
- Power Miser
- My Book external drives are designed to save energy. WD GreenPower Technology lowers internal drive power consumption by up to 30%; a sleep mode reduces power during idle times; and a power-saving feature turns the drive on and off with your computer
- Cool and Quiet
- The drive is designed to run cool without a fan. Lower operating temperatures extend the life of the drive and improve data reliability, while the fan-less design reduces noise output