The Hollywood Brass Diamond Edition from EastWest is a comprehensive brass virtual instrument that provides complete control over the players, and includes a complete range of playing techniques. The collection was produced by Doug Rogers, Nick Phoenix and Thomas Bergersen, and engineered by the award-wining Shawn Murphy.
The samples were recorded in EastWest Studio 1, widely regarded as a great brass recording room, utilizing five microphone positions and featuring a world class group of brass performers. Also included with the instrument are new brass reverb impulses taken from the Quantum Leap Spaces convolution reverb. The whole thing runs on the next generation and completely revamped PLAY 3 engine.
Hollywood Brass is designed to work seamlessly with Hollywood Strings (and the upcoming Woodwinds and Percussion) to provide a first class sounding orchestra, suitable for Hollywood soundtracks or orchestral realizations.
Note! This license is for owners of EastWest's TeraPack drives for Mac or Windows who wish to purchase and unlock Quantum Leap Spaces on their hard drive.
Requires Pace iLok key (not supplied) if one is not already on the system.
- Extensive multiple-dynamic "true legato" solo and ensemble brass, with multiple sized sections and mutes
- Five user-mixable microphone positions, extensive articulations, and no shortcuts
- Includes PLAY 3 64-bit/32-bit software, powerful scripting for ease of use, and more user control and detail
- Recorded in the world famous EASTWEST Studio 1, the home of major Hollywood soundtracks and television themes
- Includes new brass reverb impulses taken from the Quantum Leap Spaces convolution reverb
- Solo Trumpet
- 2 Trumpets
- 3 Trumpets
- Solo French Horns
- 2 French Horns
- 6 French Horns
- Solo Trombone
- 2 Tenor + 1 Bass Trombone
- Solo Tuba
- Solo Cimbasso
- Low brass section - 2 Tenor Bones, 1 Bass Trombone, 1 Tuba, and 1 Cimbasso
- Performance Techniques
- True legato intervals at three dynamics that are smooth and realistic in all situations
- True connected legato repetitions at three dynamics
- Sustained legato samples from pp all the way to fff. And when we say pp and fff, we really mean it!
- True double tonguing for all instruments and sections
- Expressive sustains
- Mute sustains and staccatos
- Eight way staccato round robin at four dynamics
- Four way round robin marcato short at three dynamics
- Four way round robin marcato long at three dynamics
- Multi-dynamic playable runs patches that will inject real life into your brass compositions
- Trills at three dynamics
- Multi-speed and multi dynamic repetition performances that work flawlessly with PLAY's superior time engine
- Multi-speed time synced crescendos
- Multi-dynamic portato that will breathe life into softer compositions
- Flutter tongue
- Slide trombone legato
- Various effects, clusters, and more