The I-O FW810S from Lexicon is a 10 input, 12 output FireWire interface that along with the included software, functions as professional recording studio contained in a single rack unit. Features include eight dbx high-voltage, ultra low noise microphone preamps, Pantheon II reverbs, and a powerful software mixing board with dbx dynamics and hardware monitor reverb.
Built-in dbx Type IV conversion preserves the dynamic range of digital audio even when levels get too high. Recordings can acquire an oversaturated quality once only found on big analog recorders. The conversion delivers more headroom, capturing subtle details in higher level signals instead of hard clipping them.
The included software mixer adds integrated dbx dynamics (compressor, gate, limiter, EQ) to any digital audio workstation. It allows for easily adjusting levels, routing signals through the analog inputs and outputs, and previewing reverbs and dynamics.
The hardware does the processing, so mixing and fine tuning recordings can be done in real-time with zero latency. Save and load snapshots of mixer settings and up to five monitor mixes - one for the main control mix, and up to four for individual band members.
The unit is compatible with any DAW, including Pro Tools 9. The IO software suite also includes the Pantheon II reverb plug-in from Lexicon, XLIS 3 SE Synth Virtual Instrument and Toontrack's EZ Drummer Lite. And it all works seamlessly in the included Cubase LE 4 software.
- FireWire 400 audio interface with integrated channel strip processing
- 44.1kHz to 96kHz sample rates, 24-bit resolution
- Zero latency Lexicon monitor reverb
- dbx high-voltage, ultra low noise microphone preamps on all 8 channels
- dbx dynamics (compressor, limiter, gate, EQ) on all 8 channels
- Six analog combi-jack inputs on the rear panel for microphone/line inputs
- Two front panel combi-jacks accept microphone, line, or instrument signals
- Type IV conversion feature emulates tape saturation at high levels
- Zero latency mixer hardware UI with dbx dynamics and a hardware monitor reverb
- Eight analog 1/4" TRS outputs (7.1 surround capable) and stereo main (control room) outs
- Stereo S/PDIF digital I/O
- MIDI In and Out
- Software suite includes Steinberg's Cubase LE 4, Toontrack EZ Drummer lite, and Lexicon Pantheon II Reverb plug-in
- Low Latency drivers include Windows WDM with ASIO support along with and Mac CoreAudio with ASIO support