The SoundGrid Compact Full System for Yamaha Consoles from Waves is designed to give your compatible Yamaha console access to compatible Waves plug-ins for processing use in live sound, broadcast, and post production environments.
The system uses an audio over Ethernet design to provide 2ms, low latency processing of up to 16 channels of audio at 44.1 or 48kHz resolution. All of the plug-in processing is done internally on the SoundGrid Compact Server, which runs a customized version of Linux OS optimized for audio processing. While the server handles processing duty, plug-in control is provided by the included MultiRack software for your host Mac or PC. Your Yamaha console is connected to the system through the Ethernet port of the included WSG-Y16 I/O Card. All the components of the SoundGrid Compact system are routed together with the included network switch and Cat 6 cables.
The SoundGrid Compact System provides a variety of system configuration options, allowing you to connect and route audio between components, configure input and output devices, configure plug-in servers, set sample rate, block size, and latency, monitor and control system and component status, and set redundancy and recovery modes.
- Includes licenses for Waves Renaissance Reverb, Renaissance EQ, Renaissance AXX, Renaissance Bass and H-Delay plug-ins
- Compatible with Yamaha CL1, CL3, CL5, PM5D, DSP5D, M7CL, LS9-32, LS9-16, DM2000, DM1000, 02R96, 01V96, DME64N, DME24N, TX6n/TX5n/TX4n consoles
- Audio is interfaced with SoundGrid by integrating a SoundGrid-programmed FPGA (Xilinx Spartan 3) into a mixing console's I/O ports. The FPGA receives I2S or other audio signal formats and converts them to the SoundGrid format. The FPGA is also used to transfer control messages between control nodes external to the SoundGrid network and the SoundGrid control application
- Runs on standard Intel CPUs and 1Gbps Ethernet networks
- Provides a complete Redundancy & Recovery system
- Upcoming releases will feature recording capabilities
- Comprises network infrastructure for sound installations
- Configurable for optimization of per-channel count, processing capabilities, routing, and sample rate
- Scalable by adding additional I/O or processing devices