The Telefunken ELA M 260 Small Diaphragm Tube Microphone Stereo Set are a matched pair of ELA M 260 microphones intended for crucial stereo recordings of instruments, vocals, performances, ambient signals and much more. The set includes a single, dual-microphone power supply, omnidirectional, cardioid and hypercardioid capsules, shockmounts, protective cases, and a rugged flight case. The ELA M 260 is engineered for accurate reproduction of instrument and vocal signals with pristine detail and warmth.
While Telefunken may not have produced a historic replica of the original ELA M 260 (as in the Diamond series), this version will achieve an equal level of performance and sound made famous by the original. It's interchangeable capsule design gives the microphone its flexibility. The custom adaptor is designed to allow AKG CK series capsules, and Neumann bayonet-style capsules to be used as well. The ELA M 260 is fitted with a Telefunken EF-732 vacuum tube.
- Stereo matched pair for accurate, pristine stereo recordings
- Delivered with a single dual power supply capable of powering both ELA M 260s at once
- Interchangeable capsule design with cardioid, hypercardioid and omnidirectional capsules included
- Custom fitting designed by fellow audio enthusiast Chip Machokas permits the use of any of the AKG "CK" series of capsules (or capsules made by other manufacturers with the same thread) and Neumann bayonet-style capsules
- Brand-new circuit design based around a Telefunken EF-732 vacuum tube and a custom wound output transformer made in the United States
- Plenty of tone with excellent detail and clarity
- Well suited for drum overheads, percussion, woodwinds, saxophones, strings, and especially acoustic guitar