This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
The Ikelite Underwater Video Housing for JVC GZ-HM30/50/300/400/600 Series is a durable clear polycarbonate waterproof case for a variety of JVC GZ-HM Series high definition camcorders. It permits you to use your camcorder at a maximum depth of 200' (60 m) and is slightly negative in buoyancy in fresh water. The design provides a full view of the camcorder and its control functions. The camera's large viewing screen can be seen easily through the housing's back. Dependable mechanical controls are provided for important camera functions. The laser touch control on the side of the camera's LCD screen cannot be operated through the housing, and therefore, menu functions controlled by the laser touch controls are not accessible in this installation, either.
The housing includes a 3.0" (7.6 cm) flat glass port with 67 mm external threads. The tray and handles remove with only 2 nuts for easy packing. The housing includes two 3/8-16 threaded stud mounts with wing-nuts for attachment of PRO-2800, Pro-V8 or Pro Video mounting arms. Optional weighted bases are available for additional stability above and below the water.
The ocean acts as one large blue filter, meaning as you descend further underwater, reds, oranges and more natural tones tend to become muted shades of blue and grey. Color correction filters help to restore these lost colors, giving your images vibrancy and color accuracy. The included UR/Pro Color Filter provides color correction in tropical blue water with available sunlight up to 80' (24 m). The optional filter 6441.81 is also available to achieve more natural tones in green water settings.
Wide-angle lenses enable you to get closer to your subject, thus reducing the amount of water between the two of you and the distortion that can compromise the clarity and accuracy of your images. With a lens like this, you can get up close and personal with a wide angle of coverage for clear, crisp image quality. This housing permits the use of the optional #6420 Ikelite lens or 67 mm threaded wide-angle and macro lenses available from other manufacturers. The W-20 is a 0.56x wide angle conversion "wet lens" which can be removed and replaced underwater.
The housing is compatible with the following camcorders: JVC GZ-HM30, HM50, HM301, HM430, HM435, HM440, HM445, HM446, HM450, HM650, HM655, HM670 and HM690.
- Durable, corrosion-resistant clear polycarbonate
- Mechanical controls - important camcorder functions accessible through housing: Power on / off / mode, Record start / stop, Zoom, Snapshot; laser touch control on side of camera's LCD screen and menu functions controlled by laser touch control are inaccessible
- Depth Rating
- 200' (60 m)
- Slightly negative in fresh water
- Flat glass port - magnifies more than a dome port, so it's better for extreme close-ups
- Included UR/Pro Color Filter provides color correction in tropical blue water with available sunlight up to 80' (24 m), and optional filter 6441.81 is also available to achieve more natural tones in green water settings
- Wide-Angle Lens
- Supported: Optional #6420 Ikelite lens or 67 mm threaded wide-angle and macro lenses available from other manufacturers - W-20 is a 0.56x wide angle conversion "wet lens" which can be removed and replaced underwater
- Fits the following camcorders: JVC GZ-HM30, HM50, HM301, HM430, HM435, HM440, HM445, HM446, HM450, HM650, HM655, HM670 and HM690