The 4 x 4" PROSTOP Neutral Density 2.4 Filter from Hitech is used when you need something to reduce your exposure by 8 stops. This unique and powerful filter will now permit you to easily "blur" images such as moving water, cars, sports and other subjects. The effect of this filter permits you to use much slower shutter speeds as well as wider lens apertures.
You can even combine this filter with other filters such as graduated neutral density filters to achieve additional special effects. The 4 x 4" format gives you the freedom to use the PROSTOP with many different lenses and is made to exacting standards. It is best used for outdoor, nature and location photography. The PROSTOP is designed with a special rubber gasket surrounding the filter to help prevent any ambient light from intruding into the image.
- Allows you to use a much slower shutter speed or wider lens aperture
- This filter will permit you to "blur" moving objects such as water, rivers, cars, etc
- Increased exposure times open up a whole new vista of photographic potential
- Hitech filters are made by Formatt, a company with three generations of professional filter-making experience produces every filter to the highest technical standards. The finest materials, together with state of-the-art production technology have resulted in a standard of optical excellence unmatched anywhere else
Neutral Density Filters Have Four Main Uses
- To enable slow shutter speeds to be used, especially with high speed ISOs, to record movement in subjects such as waterfalls, clouds, or cars
- To decrease depth of field by allowing wider apertures to be used, which helps separate subjects from their background
- To decrease the effective ISO of high speed film (above ISO 400) and allow it to be used outdoors in bright situations
- To allow cine and video cameras (which have fixed shutter speeds) to film subjects such as snow, sand or other bright scenes which could cause overexposure