The Photoflex TritonFlash Head is an element of the TritonFlash battery-powered kit that allows you to take studio quality lighting on location even when there's no power outlet available.
The head is a lightweight, highly portable 300W/s studio-type flash which has a ton of features packed into a unit that's not much bigger than a soda can. It's powered by an optional, dedicated power pack/battery combo which can provide up to 750 full power flashes (or 30,000 on min. power) on a single charge. It's a real performer too. when powered by the optional power pack, recycling is a fast 3.0 seconds at full power and just a fraction of a second at minimum power. It's a great head for stopping action with highly kinetic subjects in dance or sports thanks to flash durations as short as 1/8,600 sec. The large, digital readout displays 19 power settings broken down in 1/3 stop increments for maximum accuracy and control. Convenience features include a 35W quartz modeling light with a 10 second auto shut-off to conserve battery power.
The TritonFlash head comes with a battery cable and extension cable as well as a Shoe-mount sync cord. A 7.0" umbrella reflector with a comet-type bayonet mount is provided, as is a detachable swivel stand mount with an umbrella receptacle that helps save room in the gear bag.
- Built-in optical slave sensor
- Fast Processing for bursts up to 7 frames per second
- 19 power settings with accurate 1/3 stop increments
- Powerful 300 watt second output - suitable for large groups in full sun
- Capacitors are housed in the TritonFlash heads for power management independence
- Very short flash duration for stopping action, even on full power
- Modeling light with ten-second auto shut off for maximizing battery life
- Comes with robust all metal swivel for supporting umbrellas and large SoftBoxes
- Can be operated worldwide on AC power (100-240V)
- Digital readout on backlit screen can be easily read in bright or dark environments