Contemporary Landscape Photography: Professional Techniques for Capturing Spectacular Settings by Carl E. Heilman, II and Greta Heilman-Cornell teaches you how to go from snapshot shooter to landscape photographer. Published by Amphoto, this guide covers it all, as you've come to expect from this prolific photo tutorial company. Learn about the gear you need and how to optimize it for the outdoors, how to bracket and make the most of your photos with HDR, how to use creative effects to your advantage, and expose techniques for all kinds of outdoor specific lighting scenarios. Take your images to the next level with this informative and inspiring guide.
- Essential gear and equipment, and how to optimize your camera for outdoor conditions
- Advice on the latest technologies, such as GPS tagging and web-based software
- How to pick the best shots in every conceivable location, from rugged coastlines to gritty urban centers
- Bracketing and HDR photography
- Detailed exposure techniques for a range of lighting scenarios, from dawn and twilight to dramatic weather, rainbows, mist and fog, and more
- Creative effects, such as selective focus, multiple exposures, composites, macros motion blur, and panoramas
- In-camera post-processing and digital darkroom techniques
- And much more!