The Amphoto book, Understanding Exposure, 3rd Edition: How to Shoot Great Photographs with Any Camera takes you through the daunting world of exposure. Author, and professional photographer, Bryan Peterson, teaches you how to shoot success photos by understanding how to set your camera's exposure. Topics covered in the book include aperture, and choosing which one is best for your situation, how to use shutter speed to your advantage, and when and where to take a meter reading. This edition is also updated with information on white balance, flash, HDR, and then some.
With more than 350,000 copies sold, Understanding Exposure has demystified the complex concepts of exposure for countless photographers. Now updated with current technologies, more than one hundred new images, and an all-new chapter, this new edition will inspire you more than ever to free yourself from "auto" and create the pictures you truly want.
In his trademark easy-to-understand style, author Bryan Peterson explains the relationship between aperture and shutter speed, including how to achieve successful exposures in seemingly difficult situations. You'll learn:
- Which aperture gives you the greatest contrast and sharpness, and when to use it
- Which aperture guarantee the background remains an out-of-focus tone
- Which one aperture - when combined with the right lens - creates an area of sharpness from three feet to infinity
- How to creatively use shutter speed to either freeze an action or imply motion
- Where to take a meter reading when shooting a sunset, snow, or a city at dusk
With updated information on white balance, flash, HDR, and more, this classic will inspire you to stop guessing and take control of your settings for better photos anytime, anywhere, and with any camera
- About the Author
- Bryan Peterson is a professional photographer, an internationally known instructor, and the best-selling author of "Understanding Exposure", "Understanding Shutter Speed", "Learning to See Creatively", "Understanding Digital Photography", and "Beyond Portraiture". In addition, he is the founder of the online photography school, The Perfect Picture School of Photography. He lives in Chicago