This "Captain Stubling" DSLR Rig (microFollowFocus | Black) from Redrock Micro turns your DSLR hybrid camera into a professional video rig, enabling steady handheld operation for a variety of shooting styles. Like its predecessor, which included the microFollowFocus v2, this model takes its name from its designer, DV and VFX guru Stu Maschwitz. Its design reflects his philosophy on shooting: "Put the camera everywhere, stay light, and do it all yourself."
The rig features the DSLR Baseplate, which puts your DSLR camera at the proper level to integrate the microFollowFocus | Black. With dual rubberized handgrips, the "Captain Stubling" is designed for handheld operation with two hands on the rig. That way you can achieve steady support for your camera even as you pull focus – comfortably, and without any awkward joggling that could ruin a shot.
Note: Requires microFollowFocus Gears – not included.
- One Support System for All Your Shooting Styles
- Video-enabled DSLR cameras change the game when it comes to shooting styles and situations. No longer encumbered by large heavy cameras, DSLR cinematographers can shoot any time and any place – discreetly and without drawing attention. With the quick-release DSLR Baseplate of the "Captain Stubling," switching between motion and still photography is a snap
- microFollowFocus | Black
- The microFollowFocus | Black incorporates the best of the award-winning innovations from the microFollowFocus v2, including the original Redrock 3D marking disk, convenient quick-release clamp, and large precision-machined focus wheel. Building on this solid foundation, the microFollowFocus | Black adds a refined slim design, adjustable hard stops, a reinforced, moveable focus indicator, a flippable gearbox, an all-metal machined accessory port, and a unique illuminated marking disk (when used with optional Flares – not included). The integrated hard stops have easy begin/end setups for fast, repeatable racking between two points, and make focusing with lenses that have no hard stops (such as Canon EF models) much easier
- Ultra-Lightweight & Ultra-Portable Design
- The "Captain Stubling" represents an excellent level of portability and light weight for still and cinema-style shooting rigs. At the heart of this system is the patent-pending DSLR Baseplate: a lightweight platform for connecting the DSLR to 15mm rods as the backbone of any setup. The DSLR Baseplate has set screws to eliminate camera rotation, for using accessories such as the microFollowFocus. As a result, full-size accessories are avoided, minimizing weight without sacrificing features
- Carbon Fiber Rods
- Redrock's unique process results in precision-manufactured, incredibly strong rods that are 66% lighter than comparable stainless steel rods
- Future-Proof Accessories
- All DSLR 2.0 rigs are based on cinema standards wherever possible. This rig includes standard 15mm rods, and the follow focus has a 0.8 pitch gear drive. Virtually all components can also be used with video cameras, RED cameras (such as Scarlet) and other DSLRs. This keeps your Redrock gear working for you now and into the future