The ARRI L-7T Tungsten LED Fresnel is part of is at the vanguard of a new generation of lighting equipment that can be seamlessly integrated into the studio or onto the set without sacrificing features or performance.
The key characteristic of any Fresnel is flood to spot capability and the L-7T meets and exceeds expectations with an impressive beam angle of 50 - 5°. There's simply no learning curve or accommodation to be made when swapping out L-7s fixture for fixture with standard Fresnels. In fact, you're not going to be moving them around or juggling scrims in high places thanks to the 100 - 0% on-board dimming.
Sometimes it's the little things that count when you're under pressure and the L-7T has multiple convenience features that add up to control and precision. The True Blue-type focus knobs are located on each side of the fixture, enabling quick spot-to-flood adjustment. The sliding stirrup allows you to reposition the center of gravity to compensate for heavy front accessories. A tilt lock eliminates slipping and ensures that the light stays where you put it, thus avoiding tedious retakes.
All of the functions can be controlled via DMX, an ideal feature for broadcast studios. And the L-7T will be seen but not heard thanks to its dead quiet passive cooling system. While inclement weather might annoy the talent it won't kill your light since L-7T has an IP54 rating making it impervious to falling rain and splashing water.
The L-7D LED source produces 1,000W of light while drawing only 220W for a savings of a whopping 75% over similar output tungsten lights. And low heat means lower AC bills in the studio. You can actually run 9 L-7s off of a 20A, 110V outlet as opposed to two 1,000W or three 650W standard fixtures. When it comes to performance and features, the L-7T might just be the perfect light source.
- Familiar But Revolutionary
- Quality of light begins with the field. Smooth intensity, uniform color, even illumination: all are traits shared by the L-Series and conventional ARRI Fresnels. And, as Fresnel fixtures are already workhorses of the lighting industry, designers and technicians now have nothing new to learn in order to use LED technology
- A key element of the versatility of traditional Fresnels is the ability to spot and flood the beam as needed. Whether it's a flood field for a pullback shot or a tight spot for a bright highlight, the continuous focusability of the L-Series performs lives up to your expectations. And, unlike traditional Fresnels, which have significant light waste in spot focus, the efficient L-Series optical system maintains the same field lumens in all focus positions.
- Versatile, Controllable Beam
- Whether shaping the beam to isolate talent and set elements or cutting the field to eliminate spill light, controllability is crucial to lighting. L-Series Fresnels provide the same ability to cut and shape with barndoors and flags that we have come to expect from conventional Fresnels.
- Even Light Field
- Clear, defined shadows have traditionally have only been a trait of single source tungsten and daylight fixtures. ARRI L-Series Fresnels provide the same single shadow properties designers expect, delivering natural results.
- Color: Vibrant, Full-spectrum Lighting
- Flattering, true-to-life color rendition, previously achievable only with full-spectrum tungsten sources, is a hallmark feature of the L-Series. 3200K color temperature is reproduced with excellent color results, providing greater color latitude.
- Passive Cooling
- To satisfy the rigorous sound requirements of modern broadcast studios, the groundbreaking L-Series passive cooling system incorporates no moving parts or fans and is therefore completely silent; it can be used in ambient air temperatures of up to 95° (35°C).
- Weather Protection
- One of the most significant accomplishments in terms of the L7's robustness is the IP54 rating for weather resistance. The entire fixture is protected from falling rain and splashing water, at any angle, while the internal electronics, optics and LEDs are protected from dust, dirt and humidity.
- Focus Knobs
- True Blue-style focus knobs provide the precise adjustment and rapid flood-to-spot that users enjoy from manual, mechanical control. Knobs on both sides of the fixture ensure easy access from all positions, eliminating the need for awkward reaching around the fixture. Turning the knobs is neither tedious nor time-consuming; full flood-to-spot can be achieved in only three turns.
- Sliding Stirrups
- The ARRI sliding stirrup design enables precise adjustment of the fixture's center of gravity, to compensate for front-end accessories. It also creates the option of pulling the fixture back and reducing its hanging height.
- With an extremely slim profile, the extruded aluminum yoke provides high strength without added weight.
- Tilt Lock
- The high strength tilt lock provides extremely secure locking, eliminating movement and slippage and ensuring that the fixtures will stay where you put them.
- DMX Control
- For broadcast studios, remote fixture control is of paramount importance, and all functions of the L7 are controllable through DMX. The L7 is also fully RDM compatible, providing bi-directional feedback and reporting of parameters including system status, hours on the light engine, calibration data from the internal color sensor and current DMX address (with the ability to remotely assign and address all fixtures in a DMX network).
- Energy Savings
- There is much discussion about the "green" credentials of LEDs in the market, but perhaps the most compelling aspect in this regard is the associated cost savings. L-Series fixtures reduce electricity usage by 75% and their LED light engines last 200 times longer than normal bulbs, when compared to conventional tungsten Fresnels. These and other cost-saving attributes will combine to affect a rapid return on your investment.
- Location Applications
- Lighting teams working on location will love the versatility they can achieve in small to medium-size packages. Nine ARRI L7 Fresnels can be run off a single 20 A, 110V outlet, as opposed to only two 1000W or three 650 W tungsten Fresnels.
- Upgradeable Technology
- the L7 is an expansible platform designed to adapt with the latest enhancements in LED chip performance. The light engine is fully upgradeable, ensuring that the fixtures can take advantage of technology advances as and when they happen. The firmware is also upgradeable through the USB port on the rear of each unit, accommodating future control protocols such as ACN and incorporating other system enhancements that may become available in due course. In addition, future optic accessories will bring new levels of functionality to the platform, further expanding the L-Series versatility.