The Panasonic AW-HE50H Outdoor PTZ Camera System with COOLDOME Active Air Conditioning Enclosure & IP Control Module is a full outdoor camera system, complete with a custom Dotworkz D2 enclosure, that's ready to be controlled via its included IP module.
The HE50H's integrated pan/tilt/zoom mechanism can be operated remotely by Panasonic AW series controllers, computers, or control systems from third-party manufacturers, all via IP control. A full 1920 x 1080 CMOS sensor and 18x optical zoom lens deliver HD or SD imagery in a variety of resolutions, achieving exceptionally natural results due to Dynamic Range Stretch (DRS), Hybrid Noise Reduction, and the Flesh Tone function. If desired, the video can be monitored locally via the camera's HDMI, composite, or component outputs.
Fast, precise, and accurate, the AW-HE50H offers a variety of other powerful features, such as electronic shutter, 7-step chroma level adjustment, 3-step gamma correction, and tally light. The camera pans across a ±175° range and tilts from +90 to -30°. With its Dotworkz COOLDOME Active Air Conditioning enclosure, the HE50H camera enjoys armor against the elements.
The camera housing will not corrode, rust, or leak. The custom Dotworkz D2 enclosure is a COOLDOME (CD-12VDC) unit, with active air conditioning enabled by a 12V DC power supply. The enclosure offers excellent protection against the hazards of outdoor camera use: environmental mayhem and vandalism.
The active air conditioning makes the enclosure suited to climate zones with a wide range of temperatures: it's recommended for use from 30°F all the way to a blistering 145°F (-1 to 63°C), which it knocks down a very significant 45°F (25°C) so the camera can operate at an appropriate temperature.
The system includes a pre-wired Teradek Odyssey HD MPEG-4 encoder and a Cisco Ethernet switch to send the camera's HD or SD output over an IP network – and receive over the same network the commands that make this pan/tilt/zoom camera what it is. Interface cabling and power supplies are also supplied.
- The camera's gamma curve and knee slope are optimized to match the contrast of each pixel in real time. This increases the dynamic range without affecting the normal pixels
- The innovative Hybrid (2D/3D) Noise Reduction function also suppresses after-images, even in difficult lighting conditions
- Flesh Tone Mode produces a more pleasing and realistic picture
- Full-HD 1/3" CMOS sensor with 18x optical zoom and 10x digital zoom
- Camera menus can be set up via a web browser by connecting the AW-HE50H to a PC
- Quick camera integration, thanks to simple connections, IP control, and the included Turn-lock mount
- Enclosure is IP66-rated: airtight and sealed against outside air, dust, water, and saltwater. In addition, the D2 housing features IP68-rated waterproof connection ports
- All system components are mounted and wired in the enclosure, except for the HE50H camera, which should be installed onsite. Optional far-side MPEG decoder not included