The Airpremier N Dual Band Exterior PoE Access Point from D-Link introduces a solution for businesses seeking to deploy next generation 802.11n LANs. It is designed for exterior deployments in support of small and medium business-class environments or enterprise corporations to provide secure and manageable dual band wireless LAN options for network administrators.
- Versatile Access Point
- The DAP-3520 allows network administrators to deploy a highly manageable and extremely robust dual band wireless network. The embedded antennas can provide optimal wireless coverage in either 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz bands. For advanced installations, this new high-speed Access Point has integrated 802.3af Power over Ethernet support, allowing installation of this device in areas where power outlets are not readily available.
- Enhanced Performance
The DAP-3520 delivers reliable wireless performance with maximum wireless signal rates of up to 300 Mbps* in either the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz wireless band. This, coupled with support for Wi-Fi Multimedia Quality of Service features, makes it an ideal access point for audio, video, and voice applications.
When enabled, QoS allows the DAP-3520 to automatically prioritize traffic according to the level of interactive streaming, such as gaming or VoIP. The QoS feature also provides a drop-down menu option to select customized priority rules. Additionally, it supports load balance features to ensure maximum performance by limiting the maximum number of users per Access Point and by Network Utilization to allow network congestion to dissipate. 1
To maintain a secure wireless network, the DAP-3520 provides the latest in wireless security technologies by supporting both Personal and Enterprise versions of WPA and WPA2 with support for RADIUS server backend. To further protect your wireless network, MAC Address Filtering, Wireless LAN Segmentation, Disable SSID Broadcast, Rogue AP Detection and Wireless Broadcast Scheduling are also included.
The DAP-3520 includes support for up to four VLANs for implementing multiple SSIDs to further help segment users on the network. The DAP-3520 also includes a wireless client isolation mechanism, which limits direct client-to-client communication for each SSID.
- Multiple Operation Modes
- To maximize your total return on investment, the DAP-3520 can be configured to optimize network performance based on any one of its multiple operation modes: Access Point, Wireless Distribution System with Access Point, WDS/Bridge and Wireless Client. With WDS support, network administrators can set up multiple DAP-3520s throughout a facility and configure them to bridge with one another while also providing network access to individual clients. The DAP-3520 also includes Spanning Tree Protocol support for greater efficiency and assistance in avoiding broadcast storms when used in WDS.
- Network Management
Network administrators have multiple options for managing the DAP-3520 including Web, Secure Sockets Layer, Secure Shel and Telnet. For advanced network management, administrators can use the D-Link AP Manager II or D-View SNMPv3 management module to configure and manage multiple access points from a single location. In addition to a streamlined management process, the AP Manager II or D-View software provides network administrators with the means of verifying and conducting regular maintenance checks without wasting resources by sending personnel out to physically verify proper operation.
With the selectable dual band functionality, PoE support, extensive manageability, versatile operation modes and solid security enhancements, the new D-Link AirPremier N Dual Band Exterior PoE Access Point provides SMB environments with a business-class solution for deploying a wireless network in the workplace.
- Powerful Antenna for Superior Connectivity
- For optimized performance, the DAP-3520 includes a powerful directional antenna embedded in the front panel specifically designed to enhance point-to-point deployments, making superior outdoor connectivity possible. Additionally, optional two N-type antenna connectors are available if an alternative radiation pattern is required for the deployment.
- Exterior Installation
- Ideal for exterior deployments, the DAP-3520's IP65 Rated enclosure is weather resistant and designed to easily install beneath overhangs or in locations with limited protection from elements. With a built-in heater, the DAP-3520 is perfect for exterior installations where extreme weather is an issue.