The Grass Valley Edius SP (PCI-e) NLE Hardware/Software Solution is a combination software and hardware solution for non-linear editing applications. The included Edius SP PCI-e mainboard allows live editing and full-resolution output of SD and HD (standard- and high-definition) video materials via Edius software. You can achieve multi-track, mixed-format editing, compositing, chroma keying, titling, and timeline output capabilities.
EDIUS editing software helps you to achieve real-time, mixed-format editing of analog, DV, HDV, and SD-SDI inputs/outputs. In addition, the hardware board offers bi-directional analog/DV conversion via Windows based NLE software.
You can take advantage of hardware based video scaling to achieve clear HD video output. Designed for multi-core and multi-CPU technology, the hardware board supports fast HDV timeline video export. Featuring hardware-based video overlay (display a video window on a computer display) and a video I/O circuitry, the SP mainboard can be used with HDV, DV, all analog cameras, and decks.
With the Player/Recorder monitor view, you can use the player side to handle capture and source trimming, while the recorder side can be used for controlling timeline operation and trimming. Using the slider, a mouse scroll-wheel, or mouse motion, the Jog/Shuttle control allows the users to shuttle or jog through audio or video media.
The Edius SP board offers live color correction with an interactive split-screen display and secondary controls. In addition, you can stack multiple filters for proper color control. By creating folders and offering dynamic search results, the board provides efficient asset management.
A real-time audio mixer allows for accurate audio adjustments and a real-time waveform/vectorscope provides the required output. Use the GPU as an additional computational source to reduce burden on the CPU for handling high quality graphics. In addition, the board supports DTE (direct-to-edit).
EDIUS 6 Editing Software is a multi-format editing program designed for use by both filmmakers and broadcast professionals. It supports real-time conversion and editing of resolutions up to 4K and 10-bit editing support. In addition, the software also features real-time effects, keyers, transitions, and titles.
With multicam editing, up to 16 different sources can be edited simultaneously. Allowing data export in AVCHD format to a media card, the editing software supports Canon XF format and EOS movie format. In addition, you can directly export data to a Blu-ray Disc and a DVD.
Edius SP (PCI-e) NLE Hardware/Software Solution
- Includes EDIUS SP (SHX-E2) 64-bit PCI mainboard for DV & Professional SD analog I/O, 32-bit PCI HD/SD Component Output daughter board (HX-HD1) for realtime preview, and full license of EDIUS v.6 software
Edius SP PCI-e Mainboard
- Can be used with HDV, DV, all analog cameras and decks and is designed for multi-core and multi-CPU technology
- Allows live editing and full-resolution output of SD and HD (standard- and high-definition) video materials via Edius software
- Helps you achieve multi-track, mixed-format editing, compositing, chroma keying, titling, and timeline output capabilities
- Real-time SD/HD resolution, aspect ratio and frame-rate conversion is available for 16:9 to 4:3 and NTSC to PAL
- Offers live SD/HD effects, keyers, transitions, and titles and supports SD/HD formats such as Canopus Lossless, DV, DVCAM, HDV, MPEG-2, uncompressed video, DVCPRO, Infinity JPEG 2000, P2, VariCam, XDCAM, and XDCAM EX
- Analog/digital inputs/outputs, RS-422 control (VTR), and external reference sync input
- Built-in Canopus HQ codec - allows you to quickly create high quality video in Canopus HQ AVI format for editing
- Bi-directional analog/DV conversion via Windows based NLE software
- Offers live color correction with an interactive split-screen display and secondary controls
- Stack multiple filters for proper color control
- Provides efficient asset management
- Supports DTE (direct-to-edit) devices such as Panasonic P2 and VariCam, Sony XDCAM, and Ikegami GigaFlash
- Hardware video input filtering
- Keyframeable color correction filters - for accurate, fine changes over time
- Supports tape less workflows with metadata preservation for modern file-based workflows
- Supports K2 media server/media client systems
- Features filtering and noise-reduction technology for analog input to avoid unwanted noise signals
- Also featured is a SD-SDI I/O panel slot for 1 x SD-SDI input and 2 x SD-SDI outputs.
EDIUS v.6 Software
- Flexible user interface
- Unlimited video, audio, title, and graphics tracks
- Works with different video formats like Sony XDCAM, Panasonic P2, Ikegami GF, Canon XF format, and EOS movie format
- Compatible with Windows 7, XP, and Vista
- Different frame rates like 60p/50p, 60i/50i, and 24p can also be converted and edited
- Proxy mode workflow by switching timeline between proxy/hi-resolution mode
- Nested timeline sequences
- GPU-accelerated 3D transitions
- Incorporates the Canopus HQ intermediate codec for HD editing
- Built-in MPEG segment encoding and DVD encoding and authoring software
- Delivers projects in different formats by creating batch export list