The DDA-416/WC106 from ATI is an integrated solution containing four 1 x 4 AES/EBU digital audio distribution amplifiers and one 1 x 6 clock distribution amplifier. All audio connections are made directly to the unit's built-in XLR and BNC connectors, and no special breakout cables are required. Housed in a rugged 2U rack-mount enclosure, the unit is simple and straightforward to operate.
Rear panel DIP switches provide flexible signal routing, while the front panel delivers full status monitoring of all input signals, including displays for input sample rate, word length, digital errors and pro/consumer mode. A source monitor and control function allows front panel setup for input termination and input equalization. Input Fault displays are also provided, as is switchable reclocking on all AES/EBU inputs.
The clock distribution amplifier has both input and loop-thru outputs to allow downstream equipment to be fed from the input reference signal. Loop-thru inputs are also provided for AES Sync sources. Alarm LEDs indicate faults occurring on any input, regardless of the position of the source monitor selector, and a front panel lock switch protects all settings. The unit retains all of its settings even if power is removed.
- Four independent 1 x 4 AES/EBU distribution amplifiers
- Accepts AES3 and AES11 Wordclock inputs
- Displays input sample rates of 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192kHz
- Full diagnostics for all inputs and operating conditions
- AES Sync and Wordclock loop-thru
- Switchable input termination, individual for all inputs
- Six isolated 75Ω BNC Wordclock outputs
- Sixteen isolated AES/EBU 110Ω XLR outputs
- Flexible signal routing system
- Switchable input reclocking on all AES/EBU inputs
- Automatic Input Equalization for long input lines
- Front panel control locking system
- Quiet, internal linear power supply
- Rugged 2U chassis
- No breakout cables required