The MCDA-208/WC106 from ATI is an integrated solution containing an ultra-low jitter studio master clock generator, two 1 x 4 AES/EBU digital audio distribution amplifiers, and one 1 x 6 clock distribution amplifier. All audio connections are made directly to the unit's built-in XLR and BNC connectors, and no special breakout cables are required. Housed in a rugged 2U rack-mount enclosure, the unit is simple and straightforward to operate.
When used as a studio master clock, the unit generates a single stable clock reference that assures a trouble-free digital workflow throughout any digital facility. The output clock format can be either Wordclock or Super Wordclock, and is available on all six of the individually isolated BNC outputs. The clock generator output can also be routed to either or both AES/EBU XLR output groups.
The MCDA can also function as a 1 x 6 clock distribution amplifier when an external source clock is preferred. It can accept an AES3 audio signal or AES Wordclock as an input, and will output either Wordclock or Super Wordclock from its six BNC output connectors. These reference clock signals can also be routed to either or both AES/EBU XLR output groups. The unit can also derive a Frame Clock from the AES/EBU signal input at AES Input 1, available for routing to all XLR and BNC outputs.
The clock distribution amplifier has both input and loop-thru outputs to allow downstream equipment to be fed from the input reference signal. The clock generator section provides automatic switchover in the event of the external clock failure. Alarm LEDs indicate faults occurring on any input, regardless of the position of the source monitor selector, and a front panel lock switch protects all settings. The unit retains all of its settings even if power is removed.
- Switchable for use as master clock source or 1 x 6 clock distribution amplifier
- Accepts AES3 and AES11 Wordclock inputs
- Independent dual 1 x 4 AES/EBU distribution amplifiers
- Generates standard sample rates of 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 or 192kHz
- Displays input sample rates of 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192kHz
- Divide-Down ultra-low jitter clock with exceptional stability
- Full diagnostics for all inputs and operating conditions
- Loop-thru inputs for AES External Sync and Wordclock
- Switchable input termination, individual for all inputs
- Six isolated 75Ω BNC Wordclock outputs
- Eight isolated AES/EBU 110Ω XLR outputs
- Flexible signal routing system
- Automatic and manual external sync and internal generator functions
- Switchable input re-clocking on all AES/EBU inputs
- Automatic Input Equalization for long input lines
- Front panel control locking system
- Quiet, internal linear power supply
- Rugged 2U chassis