The HR-MP2 from RDL is a dual channel microphone preamplifier housed in a half space rack-mount chassis. The preamp features exceptional input headroom, wide flat frequency response, and extremely low noise with very high common-mode signal rejection. Total harmonic distortion and crosstalk are below the noise floor.
Each section provides identical connections and controls. A low-cut filter, a 15dB pad, and polarity inverse can all be enabled, while phantom power can be switched between Off, 24VDC or 48VDC. Dual-LED VU meters are provided adjacent to each gain control. A separate clip LED flashes when a signal peak is within 3dB of clipping.
The HR-MP2 can be operated as a stereo preamplifier, or as two separate mono preamplifiers. Balanced line-level outputs include XLR, detachable terminal block, and 1/4" TRS phone connectors, which can be wired unbalanced. A separate summing amplifier provides a combined mono output on a line-level detachable terminal block, and a power input jack allows for connecting 24VDC power.
- Two independent microphone preamplifiers
- Balanced XLR microphone inputs
- Independent controls for each preamplifier
- Switch-selectable low-cut filter
- Front panel 20dB to 60dB gain control
- Switch selectable 24 or 48V phantom power
- Switch selectable 15dB input pad
- Switch selectable polarity reversal
- Dual-LED VU meter for each preamplifier
- CLIP indicators for peaks 3dB below clipping
- Balanced line-level outputs
- Each output allows balanced or unbalanced connection
- Each preamp output on XLR, 1/4" TRS or detachable terminal block
- Separate summed output 1 + 2 on detachable terminal block