The Fast Track Pro USB Interface with Pro Tools SE Software from M-Audio comprises a USB interface and Pro Tools SE software, that combined form the center of a project studio recording system. The M-Audio interface with microphone preamps, along with the Pro Tools SE software, once connected to the user's computer; provide all the necessary tools to begin building composition.
The Fast Track Pro interface features a simple "plug-and-play" USB connection, and delivers all the mobile recording flexibility of the Fast Track USB, plus even more professional features. It contains two front-panel microphone/line inputs with phantom power for condenser microphones, inserts for outboard effects, balanced and unbalanced analog outputs, S/PDIF digital I/O, MIDI I/O, and more. The unit also features near-zero latency direct hardware monitoring and low-latency ASIO software monitoring, plus an A/B source switch and dual output pairs for DJ-style cueing.
Pro Tools SE includes a 3GB loop library. Additionally, one can choose from over 100 different instrument sounds and then add effects that include reverb, delay, EQ, compression, chorus, flanger, and many others, polish the tracks, and share them with anyone. The Pro Tools software contains a wide array of music creation templates for creating hip-hop, electronic, pop, funk, jazz, and rock and blues tracks.
The Fast Track Pro interface is also compatible with Pro Tools M-Powered software in the event that the user wants to upgrade the software component of the system.
Fast Track Pro Audio Interface
- 24-bit/96kHz audio interface with dual microphone/instrument preamps
- Balanced/unbalanced analog input and output
- Insert jack (1/4" TRS phone) for outboard processors
- Digital connectivity via S/PDIF coaxial
- S/PDIF out also supports pass-through of AC-3/DTS surround-encoded content
- MIDI I/O with activity LEDs
- Mono switch for input monitoring
- Input/playback mix control for hardware direct monitoring
- Near zero-latency hardware direct monitoring
- Low-latency ASIO software monitoring
- Master output level control
- Headphone output with level control and A/B source switch (1/4" TRS phone)
- Functions as a stand-alone 24-bit/44.1kHz A/D converter
- Mac and PC compatible - class compliant with Mac OS X 10.3.9 and higher
Pro Tools SE Software
- Award-winning Pro Tool composing, recording, editing, and mixing features
- Mix up to 24 tracks (16 audio tracks, 8 virtual instrument tracks)
- Record 2 simultaneous audio tracks
- Integrated learning tools make it easy to create music
- Built-in composing features, including MIDI sequencing and score editing
- Includes over 100 different virtual instruments
- Powerful, pro-quality effects including reverb, EQ, and guitar amp/distortion effects
- Comes with over 3GB of audio loops to quickly construct songs and ideas
- Easily record up to two instruments at once
- Compatible with PC and Mac computers