The SD208P 8-Port 10/100 PoE Small Business Unmanaged Switch from Cisco offers performance and ease of use you need to get your business connected quickly and easily. Designed and priced for small businesses that want a simple network solution, the switch works right out of the box with no software to configure and features PoE to power network attached devices.
You can use this switch to connect computers, printers, IP telephones, wireless access points, and servers to create a reliable network. The Cisco SD208P switch allows you to connect up to eight separate devices to your network, and can power those devices.
With Power over Ethernet (PoE) available on four ports, the switch can provide power for network-attached devices such as IP telephones, wireless access points, or video surveillance cameras directly over the connection. This simplifies installation, and eliminates the need for separate power supplies or a power outlet.
- It is equipped with 8 auto-negotiating 10/100 Mbps ports, capable of identifying and determining the best transmission speed to build the connection
- Connects up to eight network devices-including computers, printers, and servers-to share and transfer files and videos across your network
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) easily and cost-effectively powers IP telephones, wireless access points, and video cameras
- Integrated port-based quality of service (QoS) prioritizes networking traffic for better network performance
- Works right out of the box with no software to configure
- Compact size and a no-fan design provide multiple placement options with silent switch operation
- Fast Ethernet enhances the performance of business applications and uses network bandwidth more efficiently
- Power over Ethernet on four ports powers network-attached devices such as IP telephones, wireless access points, or video surveillance cameras directly over the connection, simplifying installation and eliminating the need for separate power supplies or an AC power outlet
- Automatic medium dependent interface (MDI) and MDI crossover (MDI-X) detection on all ports ensures that the correct cable type is selected
- Auto speed negotiation allows each port to independently and automatically negotiate for the best speed and half- or full-duplex mode
- Efficient self-learning address recognition mechanism performs forwarding and filtering at non-blocking full wire speed
- Fast store-and-forward switching prevents damaged packets from being passed onto the network
- Integrated port-based QoS on all eight ports prioritizes networking traffic such as voice, video, and data to help optimize network performance