The sage/khaki Discovery: Large Photo/Laptop Daypack from Tenba is a rough and tough entry into the world of photo/laptop packs. Lightweight and strong, it is designed to hold a bevy of gear safely and securely while providing a way to organize that gear in an easy to access way.
Rated to hold 1-2 DSLRs, 4-6 extra lenses, flash and numerous accessories, it also holds a 15" (38.1 cm) laptop in its own rear padded compartment. The bag is basically divided in half with the bottom half being for your gear that is held in a removable, pop out compartment. The top half is for all the extras like a small jacket, books or even your lunch. The top half is even designed in a slanted fashion to provide for easier access.
The exterior is a tough water-repellent nylon that is supported by a rapidly deployed rain cover for those moments when you're caught in the rain or snow. The bottom of the bag has a waterproof bottom panel that protects the bag for when you place it on the ground.
Carry it around by its fully adjustable backpack straps and waist belt that make toting this pack a pleasure. There's even a top carry handle for those times when you have to grab it out of the back seat of your car or out of the closet it's stored in. All the zippers are self-healing.
The two sides of the pack have pull-out airline-style mesh pockets perfect for stashing water bottles and other quick access items. The front accessory pocket is perfect for holding your MP3 player or iPhone. There's also a handy ID pocket for your business card or address label. With its 5-year warranty and Tenba reputation for quality, this pack is a serious contender in the area of a lightweight backpack that holds lots of gear in a comfortable and organized manner.
- Tough, water-repellent nylon exterior
- Extraordinarily lightweight construction (weighs only 2.6 pounds)
- Heavy-duty, self-healing zippers
- Compression straps secure and stabilize the load
- Large elasticized micro-mesh pockets hold water bottle or gloves
- Padded rear pocket fits most laptops up to 15" (38.1 cm)
- Waterproof bottom panel keeps the bag protected if you have to put it down on a wet surface
- Front accessory pocket perfect for phone or audio
- WeatherWrap auxiliary cover included
- Large top compartment for electronics, light jacket, lunch and more
- Additional accessory pockets in front flap
- Pop-out camera compartment holds complete DSLR setup in removable insert
- Harness and belt designed for exceptional comfort