The GE-DS-242-POE 24-Port Fast Ethernet Layer 2+ Managed PoE Switch boasts a high-performance switch architecture that is capable of providing non-blocking switch fabric and wire-speed throughput as high as 8.8Gbps. Its two built-in GbE uplink ports also offer incredible extensibility, flexibility and connectivity to the Core switch or servers.
It features in-line power that follows the standard IEEE 802.3af, enabling it to power on 24 PoE devices at a distance of up to 100 meters. This unit also offers 24 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet ports with 2 Gigabit TP/SFP combo ports (Port-25, 26). The two Gigabit TP/SFP combo ports can be either 1000Base-T for 10/100/1000Mbps or 1000Base-SX/LX through SFP (Small Form-Factor Pluggable) interface.
The GE-DS-242-PoE provides an advanced Web and SNMP management interface. Built-in web based management offers an easy-to-use, platform-independent management and configuration facility. It supports standard Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and can be monitored via any standard-based management software.
For efficient management via web interface, the GE-DS-242-PoE can be programmed for basic switch management functions such as port speed configuration, Port Trunking, VLAN, Port Mirroring, Rapid Spanning Tree and miscellaneous configuration. Additionally, the firmware includes advanced layer 2 plus features such as IGMP snooping, QoS (Quality of Service), broadcast storm and bandwidth control to enhance bandwidth utilization.
Providing powerful security, the GE-DS-242-PoE offers a comprehensive Access Control List (ACL) for enforcing security to the edge. Its protection mechanisms comprise port-based 802.1X user and device authentication. Moreover, the switch provides MAC filter, Static MAC and IP Security for enforcing security policies to the edge. The administrators can now construct highly secured corporate networks with considerably less time and effort than before.
- 24-Port 10/100TX Fast Ethernet ports with IEEE 802.3af PoE Injector
- 2 10/100/1000T TP combo interfaces and 2 mini-GBIC/SFP slots, shared with Port-25 and Port-26
- Reset button for system management
- 1 RS-232 male DB9 console interface for switch basic management and setup
- Complies with IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet End-Span PSE
- Up to 24 IEEE 802.3af devices powered
- Supports PoE Power up to 15.4 W for each PoE port
- Auto-detect powered device
- Circuit protection prevents power interference between ports
- Remote power feeding up to 100m
- Supports Auto-negotiation and full-duplex/half-duplex modes for all 10Base-T/100Base-TX and 1000Base-T ports
- Auto-MDI/MDI-X detection for each RJ-45 port
- Store-and-forward architecture and runt/CRC filtering eliminate erroneous packets and optimize network bandwidth
- Broadcast/Multicast/Unicast storm control
- 8K MAC address table, automatic source address learning and ageing
- Supports VLAN
- Supports Link Aggregation
- Port Mirroring to monitor the incoming or outgoing traffic on a particular port
- 4 priority queues on all switch ports
- Strict priority and Weighted Round Robin CoS policies
- Supports QoS and In/Out bandwidth control on each port
- Supports IGMP Snooping v1 and v2
- IGMP Snooping v2 fast leave
- Querier mode support
- IEEE 802.1x port-based network access control protocol
- RADIUS users access authentication
- Layer 3 and Layer 4 Access Control List
- MAC Filtering and Source IP-MAC/Port-Binding
- Port Security for Source MAC address entries filtering
- Switch Management Interface
- Built-in Trivial File Transfer Protocol client
- Firmware upgrade via TFTP or HTTP
- Configuration upload/download via TFTP or HTTP
- Four RMON groups 1, 2, 3, 9 (history, statistics, alarms, and events)
- SNMP trap for interface Link Up and Link Down notification
- Supports Ping function