The GE-DSG-8 8-Port 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch from General Electric is designed to deliver non-blocking, triple-speed performance (10/100/1000Mbps) in demanding, heavy industrial environments. A 10 Gbps or 16 Gbps internal switching fabric, combined with 9K jumbo packet support, provides a secure platform that can handle a large volume of traffic, whether it's at the backbone or server level.
Auto-negotiation between ports allows optimal speed detection through RJ-45 Category 6, 5 or 5e cables. An auto-MDI/MDI-X function allows connection to other hubs or switches, without the need for special, straight or crossover cables. Flow-control capabilities add flexibility in network configuration, allowing integration of the devices with various switch-supported routers and servers.
- 8 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-T ports with auto-MDI/MDI-X function for each port
- IP-30 metal case for protection that allows either DIN-rail or wall mounting
- 12 to 48V DC, redundant power with polarity-reverse protection and connective removable terminal block for master and slave power
- Support for voltage/surge-suppression devices: -VDC EFT 6000 protection for power line -VDC ESD 6000 protection for Ethernet
- Operates under a wide range of temperatures
- Complies with IEEE 802.3 10Base-T, IEEE 802.3u 100 Base-TX, IEEE 802.3ab 1000Base-T Ethernet standards
- Auto-negotiation and 10/100 Mbps (half/full-duplex) and 1000Mbps full-duplex mode
- Store-and-forward switching architecture, broadcast storm control and runt/CRC filtering optimize network bandwidth by eliminating erroneous packets
- Back pressure (half-duplex) and IEEE 802.3x PAUSE frame-flow control (full-duplex) to prevent packet loss
- Integrated address-lookup engine with support for 8K absolute MAC address table
- 176 kilobytes on-chip frame buffer
- 9K jumbo packet-size support
- Automatic addresses learning and address aging
- CSMA/CD Protocol