The Sony KDL-40BX420E 40" BRAVIA Multisystem LCD TV is usually purchased for its ability to receive local programming anywhere in the world. But take a closer look and you'll see that it is a capable and versatile HDTV with features you're not likely to find in other sets.
For starters, the KDL-40BX420E delivers HD in 1080p (1920 x 1080) resolution for an incredibly crisp picture. The set incorporates Sony's Bravia Engine for deep, vibrant, finely detailed images. 24p True Cinema ensures that your Blu-ray movies will look like they do in theaters, without judder. Couple this with Light Sensor Technology and MPEG Noise Reduction for extremely sharp and noise-free images and Sony Live Color and you've got an HDTV that produces gorgeous pictures you'll never tire of watching.
But what's a great picture without sound to match? Sony includes multiple sound modes, including dynamic/standard/clear voice and surround sound to ensure that you're a part of the action, no matter what type of program you're watching. It's all delivered through a pair of speakers that pump out 16W (8W x2) of power for room-filling sound.
Extensive connectivity, which includes a full complement of inputs and outputs (including USB), makes the KDL-40BX420E an ideal choice to serve as the hub of your home entertainment system. Two HDMI inputs ensure that your set is HD-capable for years to come.
Despite the numerous options which this set provides it's a snap to access all of its features through its graphic user interface and full-featured remote control. For a great HD picture, world-wide compatibility, and features that stack up to those of any other, the KDL-40BX420E is hard to beat.
Note! This is a multi system device, and it may be configured with a European AC plug. If necessary, please use the included adapter and adjust the zone for use in the USA.
- Full HD 1080
- With HD 1080 recording, the effective scanning line is 1080, which is more than twice the number in conventional standard definition (SD) format, and video data quality of high definition 1080p recording is about 4.5 times more. The difference between HD picture and SD quality is immediately noticeable. The wider 16:9 aspect ratio of HD approximates the shape of the human visual field, making you feel like you are actually in the picture
- BRAVIA Sync
- Watch as your entire entertainment system comes alive with the push of a single button. With BRAVIA Sync, each entertainment device synchronizes itself with the others so that a single command can bring every system online and play your favorite programs instantly
- 24p True Cinema
- While conventional televisions (and most DVDs) operate at 50Hz, modern film-makers record their films onto Blu-ray Disc using 24 frames per second (24Hz, or 24P). Your BRAVIA will automatically recognize these films and select the correct format for playback so you see and hear the film just as in the theater
- Live Color
- It can reproduce colors more vividly with an image processor that uses an algorithm specially developed by Sony. You can even adjust color vividness for optimal image quality with four different options available. You'll be able to experience the power of vivid colors and impressive pictures with finer color tuning
- Digital Noise Reduction
- Guarantees sharp, snow free Handycam image clarity when shooting in low light conditions by improving the color balance ratio
- MPEG Noise Reduction
- It automatically reduces block noise and improves the edges of characters while at the same time, successfully suppressing noise that usually appears at high contrast edges. Enjoy crisp, noise-free images with sharp edges on BRAVIA series televisions
- Advanced Contrast Enhancer
- By reproducing fine levels of gradation and dynamically controlling the contrast of every image, it delivers superior light, mid and dark tones in every scene. Now you can enjoy those deep dark scenes without sacrificing the brightness of the lighter elements
- Picture Mode
- Lets you select the most optimal picture mode - dynamic, standard, soft and personal - to match your viewing environment
- Comb Filter
- A group of circuits inside the television that improve analog broadcasts by completely separating the information about light and dark (called luminance) from color (called chrominance)
- Sound Mode
- This smart feature lets you select the ideal sound mode - dynamic, drama, soft and personal, giving you more realistic sound effects to further enhance your viewing enjoyment
- FM Radio
- Listen to your favorite radio stations directly on your BRAVIA
- Intelligent Picture Plus
- Automatically cleans up noise from analog broadcast (RF) and video input signals