With 4000 lumens at a contrast ratio of 1000:1 the Canon REALiS WUX4000 D LCOS Projector is one of the company's top of the line projectors. It improves on the already highly acclaimed LCoS (Liquid Crystal on Silicon) imaging technology with the company's own proprietary AISYS (Aspectual Illumination System). AISYS increases both brightness and contrast together. It never sacrifices one for the other. And only Canon has it.
The REALiS WUX4000 D features a DICOM Simulation mode which allows for the viewing of monochrome digital X-rays, CAT Scans and MRIs with accurate color and precise detail. This special mode simulates the results of devices compliant with the Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine (DICOM) Part 14 standard, making it the ideal large venue projector for those in the medical education and training fields.
It's also fully controllable over a network through its RJ-45 (Ethernet) jack and its compliance with SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol). One centralized PC can manage a whole fleet of projectors. And you can even have them email you when certain conditions exist, like a bulb is nearing the end of its useful life.
This is a truly international machine from its 100 to 240 V AC 50/60 Hz power supply to its support for NTSC, NTSC 4.43, PAL, PAL-N, PAL-M, and SECAM. And of course it supports high definition from 720p up to 1080p. In the classroom, lecture hall or lab the REALiS WUX4000 D LCOS is a projector like no other.
- Native Widescreen WUXGA Resolution (1920 x 1200)
- Canon's REALiS WUX4000 D brings true widescreen content to your large room installation in high resolution WUXGA. The fine detail delivers clarity to the furthest seat in a boardroom, conference room or lecture hall. Every element of an X-ray, CAT scan or MRI displayed can be viewed with precise detail and color. Compared to XGA projectors, the REALiS WUX4000 D's WUXGA resolution shows a significantly larger display area, delivering razor-sharp precision in projected images. This model allows the display of true widescreen screen 1080p content without compression, showing the true proportions of the source image on the screen just as it appears on your computer monitor
- AISYS-Enhanced LCOS Technology
Canon's renowned optical prowess combines the latest generation of its AISYS (Aspectual Illumination System) optical system with LCOS technology in the REALiS WUX4000 D. They come together to deliver brilliant, ultra-sharp images in almost any environment.
LCOS (Liquid Crystal On Silicon) has taken projectors to a whole new level. This technology means higher resolution images, seamless images with no flickering or "screen door" effect, quick image response for better looking moving images, smooth rendition of fine lines, seamless photo reproduction, sharp display of small text, and crisp blacks.
Canon alone takes the capability of LCOS technology to the next level by combining it with Canon's proprietary and enhanced 4th generation AISYS optical engine. Covered by a Canon patent, this optical light engine achieves brightness and high contrast employing LCOS panels. AISYS has three components: the illumination system; the color separation and combination system; and the LCOS panels. Only Canon's innovative, breakthrough AISYS technology achieves the right balance of contrast, brightness and compact size to maximize the performance of LCOS. Greater light efficiency, uniformity and expanded color space are all realized thanks to AISYS and LCOS. Brighter, truer color comes from the AC lamp system of the REALiS WUX4000 D and the AISYS optical engine. The colors on the screen have a more lifelike depth thanks to the purity of red and green when compared with conventional DC lamps. In addition, this lamp system boasts an extended operating life, up to 3000 hours in normal mode and up to 4000 hours in quiet mode. LCOS technology combined with Canon's exclusive AISYS optical engine, the AC lamp system, and 4000 lumens make the REALiS WUX4000 D a superb high-performance installation projector like no other
- DICOM Simulation Mode
- The new REALiS WUX4000 D features a DICOM simulation image mode setting that allows the projector to simulate the results of devices compliant with the Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine (DICOM) part 14 standardized display function for display of grayscale images. Images such as X-rays, CAT scans, and MRIs that are typically displayed on DICOM compliant monitors can now be simulated via large projected images by the REALiS WUX4000 D. This new feature is recommended for use in medical schools for training and educational use only. A built-in, easy to use calibration tool allows you to configure the projector to match the brightness of the environment where the image is being displayed. With 21 steps of preset gamma adjustments, the new REALiS WUX4000 D gives you greater flexibility when calibrating the projector in the variable lighting conditions of your conference or classroom setting
- 4000 Lumens with a 1000:1 Contrast Ratio
- The REALiS WUX4000 D projects an impressive 4000 lumens, delivering incredible image quality and brightness. The 1000:1 contrast ratio ensures deep blacks and bright whites. Pure, high contrast color reproduction creates images with crisp depth and dimension, ideally suited for conveying texture and materials. Color remains crisp, with superior color balance, perfect for presenting high quality visuals
- Three Optional Genuine Canon Interchangeable Lenses
- The REALiS WUX4000 D projector gives you the choice of three new genuine Canon interchangeable lenses. Canon is renowned for its expertise and achievement in lens design and construction - in fact the optical technology developed for its acclaimed EOS series of SLR cameras is reflected in the development of its projection lenses. The 1.5x zoom lens (RS-IL01ST), long focus zoom lens (RS-IL02LZ) and ultra wide angle lens (RS-IL03WF) can be attached to the REALiS WUX4000 D depending on the application. All offer very low distortion, especially ideal for installations requiring multi-stacking, multi-screen resolution. A standout feature of these genuine Canon lenses is their lack of brightness loss compared to lenses fitted to a competitor's products. Why is that important? Because you will no longer need to 'over specify' brightness in order to compensate for loss, which is common with wide or long throw lenses. That can have a real impact on the price you pay for your installation projector. All three lenses share the benefits of specifically designed aspherical lenses to minimize their total length. In fact, all three lenses are similar in size and fit in the same space on the projector. For temporary installations, such as those carried out by rental and staging companies, this allows the REALiS WUX4000 D to be shipped in the same box with the lens already assembled
- Motorized Lens Shift
The lens shift capability of all three lenses ably assists in allowing maximum flexibility for a wide variety of installation situations. The range of adjustment for the lenses is as follows:
1.5x zoom lens (RS-IL01ST): Down 15% - Up 55%, Left 10% - Right 10%
Long focus zoom lens (RS-IL02LZ): Down 15% - Up 55%, Left 10% - Right 10%
Ultra wide angle lens (RS-IL03WF): Down 5% - Up 5%, Left 2% - Right 2%
You can be virtually assured that the REALiS WUX4000 D can be optimally placed, and since lens shift doesn't degrade the image the way digital keystone correction can, the extraordinary quality of your projected images is not compromised
- Ease of Installation and Maintenance
- With dimensions of 15 x 16.9 x 6.7" (381 x 429.3 x 170.2mm) and a weight of 18.7 lb. (8.5kg), the REALiS WUX4000 D makes installation easy in a wide variety of applications. The design of the location of the consumable parts enhances both flexibility in mounting and ease of maintenance. The projector's lamp and filter can be replaced from the back/side, and the PS element may be replaced through the top of the projector
- Advanced Color Management System
Like all REALiS projectors, the new REALiS WUX4000 D includes Canon's high-accuracy color management system which ensures accurate color reproduction for an extended color space and compensates for color variances due to lighting differences. Precise control prevents the excess leakage of light, producing rich, detailed gradations even in the shadowed portions of images - recreating depth and dimension with stunning drama and realism. The REALiS WUX4000 D features a newly developed color processing IC chip with highly accurate 3D LUT (Look Up Table) which greatly improves both color correction range and precision. It allows the correction of a single color without affecting the others. Conventional systems shift neighboring colors along with the selected color, often resulting in an imbalance in the image.
Your projection screen is your canvas with the REALiS WUX4000 D's unparalleled color control. An easy-to-use GUI lets you adjust your palette of colors to paint the picture you want for your audience. The WUX4000's 6-axis color adjustment lets you fine-tune the hue, saturation and brightness of each of the primary and secondary colors. This high degree of control makes each projected image a masterpiece.
An advanced function which can be used to compensate for lighting conditions for both the type of lighting (tungsten, fluorescent and fluorescent H) and intensity (low, medium or high), the ambient light function is ideal for users displaying content and who cannot control the lighting conditions - such as educators speaking in classrooms or photographers showing their work in an art museum/gallery or at a seminar
- Full 10-Bit Color
- The REALiS WUX4000 D features the ability to process analog RGB and component signals, from input to display, in 10-bit resolution for higher-quality images
- The REALiS WUX4000 D is equipped with an HDMI terminal (version 1.3 deep color), supporting full HD 1080p signals provided by HDTV capable satellite and cable boxes, as well as Blu-ray players. Connect an HD capable satellite and cable box, digital camcorder or Blu-ray player to the HDMI terminal for instant display of high-definition video. With single-link bandwidth to 340MHz (10.2Gbps) it is ready to support the demands of future HD display devices as well
- Network-Ready RJ-45 Port
- To maximize the usability of the REALiS WUX4000 D, the new built-in network interface (RJ-45) enables centralized control and monitoring of multiple projector units from a networked PC. This makes it simple for an A/V team to operate ceiling mounted or remotely installed projectors from a PC screen, allowing fewer personnel to cover a larger service area. The REALiS WUX4000 D can also be locally operated through its RS-232 port. The REALiS WUX4000 D is compatible with industry-standard AMX, Crestron, and Extron controllers, making it possible to construct a sophisticated AV system. In addition, email alerts can be sent to the central PC to give notification of any malfunctions or service issues which may arise in a projector
- Ease of Use and Flexibility
An array of advanced and well-designed features makes the REALiS WUX4000 D extremely easy to use.
Allows the user to set up 10 different settings based on the content being shown. 5 user memory settings are for PC source such as DVI-D, Analog PC, and HDMI. The other 5 user memory settings are for video sources such as component and HDMI.
Keystone correction lets you project a better image by correcting for keystone distortion.
Once it's set up, operating your projector is easy with the help of guidance functions that display operating instructions in an on-screen window. A Graphical User Interface (GUI) makes for easy operation, with five menus for quick access to display settings, image adjustments, system settings, network settings, and information. You're never more than a few steps away from any adjustment you need to make! Plus, front and rear infrared sensors let you control your REALiS WUX4000 D with a wireless remote from in front of or behind the projector.
In the classroom or office, the projector's spotlight feature dims your image except for the area you want everyone to pay attention to. That way, you can make sure your audience sees exactly what you want them to see.
While presenting you can be sure your audience isn't distracted by fan noise. In normal mode, the REALiS WUX4000 D runs at 39dB; and in quiet mode it runs at 36dB.
In addition, users can utilize a new noise reduction feature that allows them to reduce image noise to either off, weak, middle or strong.
When you're finished using your REALiS WUX4000 D, you can use the pin code lock and function key lock to control its use. On top of all of that, the REALiS WUX4000 D makes your life easier with its 3-year parts and labor warranty and 120-day lamp life warranty
- Peace of Mind
The REALiS WUX4000 D makes your life easier as its backed by Canon USA's projector and lamp limited warranty, which guarantees that the projector will be free from defects in workmanship and materials for 3 years from the date of original purchase, and the lamp for 120 days from the date of original purchase.
This new model is also backed by Canon USA's Projector Protection Program ("Triple P"). Triple P is a free service program that provides a loaner projector of equal or greater value in the event that a qualifying unit is in need of repair. Triple P is available on all Canon projector models during the Canon USA projector and lamp limited warranty