The AP 541N Dual-Band Wireless Access Point from Cisco is a dual-band wireless access point that is perfect for small businesses. The clustering capability makes it easy to set up, configure and manage your wireless network by enabling you to deploy several access points as well as push a single configuration to all connected devices. This simplifies wireless network management with a single system without having to worry about interference between access points or having to configure each access point separately.
This dual-band wireless access point is a versatile wireless solution that supports 802.11n wireless connectivity for meeting high bandwidth demands and producing reliable performance. You can choose either 2.4GHz or 5GHz frequency band for greater data transmission and coverage. This wireless access point is designed to connect with other Cisco Small Business Pro Series products for seamless integration. It also comes with a multi-purpose, lockable mounting bracket, which makes it easy to install the wireless access point on walls, ceilings and suspended ceiling railways. Its standard padlock is for theft deterrence.
- Robust Wireless Coverage & Performance
- This access point is an 802.11n multiple-input, multiple-output (MIMO) dual-band wireless solution. The 802.11n wireless standard builds on the wireless 802.11a/b/g standards to deliver up to 9 times the performance for greater range and reliability. While 802.11a/b/g wireless standards communicated over a single stream and antenna, the 802.11n wireless standard transmits and receives over multiple antennas to provide higher data throughput. With the ability to configure the access point with either a 2.4GHz or 5GHz frequency band, this wireless access point allows for a cleaner signal
- Secure Guest Access
- Since the Internet has become a staple in our lives, there will be instances where vendors and customers will need access to the Internet while at your business location. This wireless access point comes with an intuitive graphical user interface (GUI) that makes it easy to set up a guest network. This highly secure guest access solution lets visitors connect to the Internet without any visibility of your business network. This prevents guests accessing and impeding the operations of your business. There is even an option to provide a welcome screen to greet visitors who connect to your guest network
- Advanced Clustering Intelligence
- Clustering is the ability of a wireless access point to form a dynamic, configuration-aware group (a.k.a. cluster) with other similar access points in the same network. All access points in the cluster can self-organize and clone configuration settings to each other to balance wireless channels for minimum radio interference. The cluster also provides a single point of administration so you can manage all the access points as a single wireless network instead of a collection of individual devices without the need for a wireless controller
- Deployment Flexibility & Security
- This wireless access point can operate using either standard AC power or Power over Ethernet (PoE). With PoE, you can connect and power access points with a single Ethernet cable. PoE is convenient when placing access points in areas where power outlets are not accessible. This access point also includes robust security features, such as Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA2) encryption, rogue access point detection, access control lists and MAC address filtering
- Simple Setup & Configuration
- The included Cisco Configuration Assistant software makes it easy to set up your wireless access point and network. Cisco Configuration Assistant gives you the ability to configure and manage your entire wired and wireless network from a single interface