The BHS-XR Command - QD65 Thermal Bi-ocular from FLIR has a two-eye advantage over the Cyclops of a monocular NVD. Providing a full coverage eyepiece, inter-ocular adjustment, and ergonomic comfort, this H-Series bi-ocular thermal night vision camera is an essential tool for extended patrols, covert surveillance, critical infrastructure protection, and high-threat security missions.
Employing a 640 x 480 FLIR thermal imaging core with advanced image-processing algorithms, the BHS Command - QD65 Thermal Bi-ocular provides crisp, clear thermal video day and night. The thermal camera allows officers to see in total darkness, through smoke, dust, and light fog, as well as through light camouflage and foliage in any lighting conditions, providing a clear tactical advantage.
With a 65 millimeter lens, this BHS Command model bi-ocular provides excellent long range viewing with 640 x 480 native resolution in the viewfinder. Leveraging the 2x digital electronic zoom steps down the resolution to 320 x 240. At 4x the resolution is 160 x 120. Raised rubber sleeves afford additional comfort for long term viewing and captive low-profile lens caps help protect the optics. Tactile rubber hand grips provide an excellent non-slip surface. A quick release hot-shoe makes access to AC power a "snap", and a latched battery door provides a fast and easy method to exchange or recondition the batteries. There is an integrated real-time clock and a USB2 port.
The ability to capture both photos and video is standard. One-touch recording frees up the hands to be able to focus and zoom. Why limit the viewing opportunities to only the daylight hours? Experience nature in vivid detail 24/7 with the BHS Command Thermal Bi-ocular.
Note! Export of this device described herein is strictly prohibited without a valid export license issued by the U.S. Department of State office of Defense Trade Controls, as prescribed in the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulation, Parts 120-130, and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce. For further information contact the Office of Defense Trade Control and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce.
Note: This item is only available to US Military and law enforcement agencies.
- High-performance QD65 65 mm extended range lens is rapidly attached via integral quick disconnect mount
- Extended Range Options provides long range viewing with 640 x 480 native resolution in the 1x viewfinder, a 2x digital e-zoom step to 320 x 240 and a 4x digital e-zoom step to 160 x 120
- Raised, grooved rubber sleeves and captive low-profile lens caps protect the lenses and provide excellent grip and sensitivity for fast focusing
- Quick release hot-shoe snaps into the main housing making access to AC power fast and easy when exchanging batteries
- One-touch video capture allows release of the record button once recording has started, freeing up hands to focus and zoom
- Image processing by FLIR proprietary Digital Detail Enhancement for sharp, clear videos
- Built-in color VGA LCD display enhances the thermal viewing
- Still Image is JPEG format and the Video Format is AVI at 640 x 480. Storage can be via a user-supplied SD or SDHC Card
- Range performances are evaluated as "Detect a Man" at 1.2 miles / 1900 meters, "Recognize a Man" at 0.3 miles / 490 meters, "Detect a Vehicle" at 3.0 miles / 4800 meters and "Recognize a Vehicle" at 0.84 miles / 1350 meters. Actual range will vary depending on camera set-up, environmental conditions, user experience, and display method