The Gefen Digital Signage Player with Wi-Fi Plus supports 1080p Full HD, 1-line scrolling text, 2-channel L/R audio, and calendar scheduling. It also has the ability to connect live video using a composite input with audio, overlay content and separate the video into four quadrants for more complex systems. Along with a built-in 4 GB flash memory, the signage player has a securable compact flash card slot that allows for an additional memory space of up to 16 GB by replacing the internal storage.
Connection to a keyboard and USB storage device is provided with 2 integrated USB 2.0 ports. Support for over 20 different media formats provides you with a wide selection of content creation. In case of a power failure or network disruption, the unit can recover and resume playback with the help of a watchdog timer.
The included software provides for easy content management by allowing the users to upload video playback schedules and playlists, and features over 10 different multi-zoned templates to fit your specific digital signage needs. The Auto-play feature starts playing scheduled contents automatically. Compatibility across multiple digital signage platforms is provided using W3C SMIL (Synchronized Multimedia Integration Language) syntax.
Using an analog (composite / component / VGA) or HDMI cable, the player can be connected to a display. Connections to the network can be made either with an Ethernet cable or a Wi-Fi connection. Composite A/V cables are used to connect it to the 3.5 mm connector. Power is supplied to the unit from a 12 V DC source. The unit comes with an all-metal enclosure with passive cooling system.
- Supports 1080p Full HD, 1-line scrolling text, 2-channel L/R audio, and calendar scheduling
- 4 GB of built-in memory (expandable up to 16 GB replacing the internal storage)
- Supports codec formats like MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG L2, MP3, H.264/MPEG-4, and VC-1
- Real-time clock with battery back-up
- Automatic error recovery with built-in watchdog timer
- Scheduled contents are played automatically using Auto-play
- Network Time Protocol is used to synchronize the time of the player
- Integrated SMIL control makes CMS device management possible in LAN/WAN environments
- SMIL 3.0 instructions (sub-set)
- Power is supplied from a 12 V DC source
- Wall-mountable solid metal enclosure with passive cooling system for heat dissipation