The Gefen HD Digital Signage Media Player is used for scheduling and playback of digital signage videos on both analog and digital displays. Using the Ethernet port, the player can be connected to a network, allowing you to push content into the box using a computer and an FTP client program. When a more autonomous system is required, the unit can be scheduled to pull content from a local or external FTP server.
Along with up to 1080p Full HD resolution, the Media Player supports more than 20 audio and video file formats. It can act both as an FTP client and server with live logging of various important statistics, such as playback, system statistics, and uploaded content. An intuitive directory and file structure is provided, which can be easily created and maintained by any text-based editing program. The CMS (Content Management Software) allows you to easily manage all your units in the field from any compatible browser with access to logs, schedules, content, and playlists. Customization of the player to access an external NTP server allows for precise time synchronization.
The Digital Signage Media Player can be flexibly connected to various displays using HDMI, composite, and component outputs with separate analog and digital audio outputs. You can quickly transfer or back up your data on to the included USB flash drive or an external hard-drive via the 2 USB 2.0 ports. Mounting brackets on the enclosure securely install the player to the back of the display or on any flat surface, ensuring effective heat dissipation.
- Resolutions up to 1080p
- MPEG 1/2/4, DivX 3/4/5/6, XVid, and H.264/AVC video codecs are supported along with MP3, MPEG, WMA, PCM, LPCM, ADPCM, FLAC, WAV, AAC, OGG, and MKA audio formats and HD JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, TIF, and TIFF image formats
- NTFS, FAT16/FAT32, EXT3, and HFS+ file systems
- HDMI, component, and composite audio and video outputs active simultaneously
- Text-based scheduling and playlist using a text editor
- Full media scheduling and accounting logs
- 2 USB 2.0 ports allow connection to the included USB flash drive or an external hard-drive
- Content Management Software (CMS) for using multiple units
- Content is pushed and pulled in, using a built-in FTP server and client
- Time synchronization using NTP (Network Time Protocol) client
- Integrated on-screen display menu to configure the device
- Programmable PIN code prevents unauthorized access to on-screen display
- IR remote control unit
- Can be securely mounted to the back of any display or on any flat surface using the integrated mounting brackets
- Enclosure designed to ensure heat dissipation