This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
The PVS-14 Gen 3 Autogated Night Vision Monocular Kit from Night Optics uses third generation autogated night vision technology in a durable, mountable monocular. Autogated image intensifier tube constantly operates to improve image quality in dynamic lighting conditions. Automatic voltage regulation and an ion barrier reduce blooming artifacts caused by bright light, protecting your eyes and the intensifier tube from damage. Kit includes a multi-purpose monocular assembly, demist shield, and sacrificial window.
The PVS-14 monocular is a dependable tactical device for surveillance, target acquisition, and terrain navigation. Simple user controls include a precise 3-position switch (Off/On/Momentary and constant IR). This lightweight, rugged, and water resistant monocular is a reliable performer for handheld and mounted applications. Optional 3x and 5x afocal attachment lenses are available for longer range observations. A camera/camcorder adapter can be used to attach the PVS-14 to any camera or camcorder with 46 mm filter thread for low-light image recording.
Note: Export of this device described herein is strictly prohibited without a valid export license issued by the U.S. Department of State Office of Defense Trade Controls, as prescribed in the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulation, Parts 120-130, and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce. For further information contact the Office of Defense Trade Control and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Third Generation Intensifier
- Generation III image intensifier tube features automatic brightness control and is protected from damage by fully-automated sensors that shut off the unit when exposed to bright light. The exceptional signal-to-noise ratio minimizes distortion, ensuring a clear and detailed view in a wide range of environments.
- Autogated Power Supply
- Autogating constantly operates to improve image quality in dynamic lighting conditions. Automatic voltage regulation and an ion barrier reduces blooming artifacts caused by bright points of light, protecting the intensifier tube and operator's eye from damage.
- Simple User Controls
- Easily accessible 3-position switch allows quick use Off, On, Momentary and Constant IR functions.
- Can be mounted for a variety of uses; head mount, helmet mount, weapon mount. Also can be used handheld or adapted for photo and video applications.
- Rugged Construction
- Ergonomic and durable design is light weight, rugged, and water resistant. This monocular is constructed for long-term performance in the elements.
- Run Time
- Up to 40 hours of operation at room temperature on a single AA battery. Infrared illuminator usage will dramatically influence run time.