This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
The BTS Thermal Biocular from Nvision Optics is an uncooled thermal imaging biocular with 2 oculars and one objective, constructed to meet the needs of security professionals and law enforcement officers. The BTS thermal biocular offers excellent performance when used for medium range surveillance such as search and rescue operations, perimeter control, and vehicle identification.
Regardless of the situational ambient light conditions the BTS detects the slightest temperature differences of everything in the field of view. It offers user-defined "white hot" or "black hot" images.
The BTS Thermal Biocular can be powered by 4 included lithium CR123 batteries or it can be connected to an external 12 VDC power source or to AC/DC adapters. Built-in electronics automatically selects the external power when it is available and preserves battery life.
- Manual focus for ease of use
- Range to detect human activity is 3000' / 914 m
- Polarity of white or black hot is selected by the user
- Rotary power switch offers Off/On and Display Off functions
- Calibration ability to improve the image clarity and contrast
- Three power choices; batteries, external/automotive DC source or an AC/DC adapter
- Diopter adjustment of -4 to +5 allows eye comfort customization for each individual user
- Start-up time of less than 4 seconds so there's no waiting to use the NVD in critical situations