This Dell E170S 17 Inch Flat Panel Monitor is an economical option with 1280 x 1024 resolution and a VGA connection to its credit. This flat panel, TFT matrix LCD-Twisted Nematic 17" screen supports 16.7m colors, has a decent response time of 5ms, and an 800:1 contrast ratio. The brightness clocks in at 250cd/m2 and the viewing angle is 160° / 160°.
All these numbers break down to a reliable screen with crisp imaging and detail, low power consumption, and ENERGY STAR compliance. The E170S is also EPEAT Gold registered, meaning that it uses "halogen-free" laminates in its circuit boards and uses chassis plastics that contain 25% post-consumer recycled plastics. What's more, Dell backs the monitor with a 3-year limited hardware warranty, their 3-year Advance Exchange Service, and 24x7 technical help for the duration of the warranty.
- At a Glance
Excellent value and performance in a 17" flat panel - large viewing area helps boost productivity
- Up to 1280 x 1024 resolution for sharp text and graphics
- 800:1 (typical) contrast ratio for color accuracy and uniformity
- ENERGY STAR qualified and EPEAT Gold registered
- Productivity and Performance
Essential business features for viewing text, graphics, and multimedia applications:
- Crisp, clear images: 5ms (typical) response time helps reduce smearing and ghosting
- Sharp detail: Up to 1280 x 1024 resolution and 800:1 (typical) contrast ratio for clear details and accurate color
- Less Power Consumption, Less Halogen, Less Environmental Impact
- Lower power usage: Newly redesigned backlight technology can help lower your operational cost by using up to 50% less typical power consumption than its predecessor
- Environmentally-conscious design: The EPEAT Gold registered E170S Flat Panel Monitor uses "halogen-free" laminates in circuit boards and uses chassis plastics that contain 25% post-consumer recycled plastics
- Warranty and Support You Can Count On
- The E170S Flat Panel Monitor is backed by a Dell 3-year limited hardware warranty with 3-year Advance Exchange (AE) Service. And if you need technical support you can call Dell toll-free 24x7 within the U.S. for the duration of the warranty