The LightBridge 12"/304.8mm Reflector Telescope from Meade is a Dobsonian design that gathers lots of light in a package that is supremely portable. Dobsonians are Newtonian-type reflector telescopes with ground-based roller bearing mounts, and the best of the breed have trusses connecting the portions containing the reflecting mirror & focuser. The 12" Lightbridge does just that, so that you could quite easily pack the entire system into the trunk of a small car and drive to where skies and sightlines are the darkest & longest.
The 12" Lightbridge advantages don't stop with its highly travelable design. Optics are truly diffraction limited, with aluminum coatings and a magnesium fluoride overcoat. The broad 2.00" focuser has a tensioning knob and lock designed to give you complete control. And the 12" Lightbridge is highly durable, making the ultimate scope for those whom desire great brightness on the go.
This is the Deluxe version of the 12" Lightbridge telescope, which adds 4 options (with variable illumination) for the Red Dot finder scope and steel roller bearings for the mount's RA axis.
- Compacts into easily-traveled package
- Included Red Dot finder scope with variable illumination
- Built-in eyepiece tray holds one 2" and three 1.25" optics
- Incorporated primary mirror cooling fan shortens time to thermal equilibrium
- Open rigid truss design provides greater portability and faster set up and take apart time
- AutoStar Suite Windows-compatible DVD astronomy software assists the viewing by charting the night sky
- 2" Crayford-style focuser with adapter to accept 1.25" eyepieces, focus tension knob and focus lock design gives complete control over focus
- Roller bearings on the OTA mount azimuth axis and large diameter aluminum bearings on the altitude axis with a hand adjustable variable tension brake for smooth and stable movement