The Simply Interactive Projection System 716 from 3M is ideal for the classroom, conference room and boardroom. This system provides the point and click feature of the annotation sensor and pen without the annotation software. But that doesn't mean you can't use the simply interactive pen to write, highlight and underline. There's plenty of compatible annotation software online and included in programs like PowerPoint and Paint.
The included WXGA short throw projector lets you focus on the best utilization of your interactive classroom space. The SCP716 brings out the best in engaging interactive lesson plans with any brand of WXGA interactive whiteboard, as well as computers, DVD players, camcorders, document cameras and tablets.
Despite its pure projection power the SCP716 is easy to control. It not only has the usual infrared remote with multi-language onscreen display you'd expect, it also has an RS-232 jack for advanced control and an RJ-45 Ethernet jack for connection to your LAN. Through this connection the SCP716W can even alert you to fault conditions.
But with its international power supply and the ability to display NTSC, PAL and SECAM video signals, you can take this projector far beyond these shores. The SCP716W can be deployed on a desktop or mounted on the ceiling and it can be used in front and rear projection mode.
- Simply Interactive System
Freedom to choose the annotation software of your choice.
No need to install software on your computer.
Walk up and interact with the unique, plug-in-play design.
Simply touch the screen with the stylus pen.
Easy 9-point calibration upon the initiation.
Auto launch systems (PCs only).
Set and forget; there are no mechanical adjustments required after initial installation.
The pen works like a mouse at the screen.
Must be purchased with a 3M projector or 3M whiteboard
- Interactivity with the Freedom to Choose
- This system provides the point and click feature of the annotation sensor and pen without the annotation software. But that doesn't mean you can't use the simply interactive pen to write, highlight and underline. There's plenty of compatible annotation software online and included in programs like PowerPoint and Paint. Just think of it as an interactive solution that supports freedom of choice
- Widen Your Classroom Horizons
- Not only are most of today's laptops designed in the WXGA format, but many of the current media/video learning tools are also designed in the wide format, giving the viewers 20% more image width at the same image height compared to traditional XGA projectors. The SCP716 brings out the best in engaging interactive lesson plans with any brand of WXGA interactive whiteboard, as well as computers, DVD players, camcorders, document cameras and tablets
- Easy and Fast Flexible Connectivity
- Every school district is challenged with providing the best technology within the annual budget constraints. With the unique modular design of the 3M SCP716, you can buy only as much connectivity as your classrooms need - from the basic VGA computer connection, to an add-on full range SCP input/output module and/or the 3M annotation sensor for a complete, interactive solution
- Focus on Classroom Technology
- Designed using the popular 3M Vikuiti Super Close Projection technology and the lower maintenance DLP chipset, the SCP716 is a WXGA short throw projector that lets you focus on the best utilization of your interactive classroom space. The SCP716 can display a bright and clear image the same size from 40" (1 m) as a conventional projector does 10' (3 m) away
- Turn Off the Glare
- Ten feet. That's what today's digital projector manufacturers say they need to create a decent image. But the resulting spotlight effect creates a wall between the person at the board and the rest of the class. Eye contact is lost. A spontaneous chance for clarification is missed. Technology crowds the stage
- Focus on the Lesson
- Lit overhead from an offset angle, you can walk right up to a masterpiece to study the artist's brush strokes. The 3M Super Close Projection System SCP716W works the same way. Mounted over a white board just 40" (1 m) from the wall, it is capable of producing a crystal clear image up to 80" (2 m). With the light out of their eyes and on the board where it belongs, teachers and students can concentrate on ideas
- Quick and Easy Installation
- The mounting system is as flexible as it is straightforward, enabling installers to transform nearly any classroom from chalk talk to an immersive environment in a few hours