PhotoScore Ultimate 7 from Sibelius provides the fastest way to scan music for transposition or arrangement duties. It can also scan music into other MIDI software such as sequencers, or used stand-alone to scan in, play back, transpose and print scores, and even save audio files.
The software reads printed and handwritten music or PDFs in seconds. Not just the notes, but also printed slurs, dynamics, lyrics, guitar tab, chord diagrams and more. It also recognizes handwritten scores, allows for editing while PhotoScore reads in the background, and provides advanced scanned image management. The output can then be edited or transposed, played back, parts extracted and both the score and parts printed.
The software provides a variety of time-saving features, such as a "bad timing navigator" that makes it quick and easy to find and correct rhythmic errors. There's also a Find and Replace dialog that enables for fixing lots of identical errors (for example, in text) in a single operation.
- Improved handwriting recognition
- "Bad timing navigator" makes it very fast to find and correct rhythmic errors
- Find and Replace dialog makes it easy to fix lots of identical errors (e.g. in text) in a single operation
- Automatic scanning and reading after scanning, including handwritten score recognition
- Editing is possible while PhotoScore reads in background
- Reads slurs, ties and hairpins
- Reads text, including bold, italic, etc., and articulation marks
- Recognizes repeat endings, Coda and Segno, cross-staff notes and beams, ornaments (including trills, mordants, turns) and pedal on/off markings
- Reads triplets and other tuplets
- Reads guitar chord diagrams along with 4- and 6-string guitar tab
- Reads 1-, 2- and 3-line percussion staves
- Scans up to two-hundred-page scores
- Saves MusicXML and NIFF files along with WAV/AIFF audio files
- Text recognition in up to 120 different languages
- Universal Binary application
- Plays back audio in PhotoScore itself