AudioScore Ultimate 7 from Sibelius is software that allows you to open a CD track or MP3 file and transcribe it to a score. By using the most intelligent technology available, it is possible to convert up to 16 instruments/notes playing at a time into multiple staves, with up to 4 voices per staff. Immediately after transcribing your music, you are able to send it directly to Sibelius, or save MusicXML, NIFF and MIDI files for use in most other music programs.
Alternatively, you can have the software print out a professional quality score for you. The software even allows the intricate nuances of a performance to be viewed, played and edited, such as the subtle changes in pitch, volume and timing. This allows you to produce new versions of music using MIDI instruments - open one of your favorite songs and hear it performed by a brass band or string quartet.
Version 7 features a significantly enhanced audio recognition engine, more accurate transcription with improved bar line determination and note recognition, and you'll also experience improved sound quality when you play back individual notes within the original recording. An Instrument recognition and Instruments pane allow for quickly allocating notes to instruments. Additionally, a clearer and more straightforward transcription process is provided.
Mic-to-Score automatic notation can create musical scores from your singing or playing into a computer using only a microphone, with no prior musical knowledge required. The software gives instant graphical feedback about the pitch of a performance over time, so it is possible to see exactly where mistakes are being made and improve whilst performing. Train to sing and play perfectly in tune and immediately see the improvements on screen.
The software offers the novel concept of 'serving' you a set of notes already input, which you can then quickly split, join, resize, and adjust the pitch of, purely on a performance level - no worrying about rests and technicalities such as the key signature, accidentals, augmentation dots, beaming, ties etc. AudioScore Ultimate 7 also allows a MIDI input device (such as a keyboard) to be used for the creation of musical scores (Windows version only). Or open MIDI files to automatically create high-quality, printable scores.
- Opens polyphonic MP3s and CD tracks and locates up to 16 notes/instruments playing at a time
- Automatically creates notation for up to 4 voices per staff and 2 staves per instrument
- Transcribes notes and rests as short as 32nd note - also triplets, duplets, key signatures and clefs
- Sing or play into your computer using a microphone attached to the microphone or USB socket on your computer with the software recognizing the notes, nuances and rhythm in real time
- Opens MIDI files to automatically create professional scores
- Send the output direct to Sibelius or save NIFF (nif), MusicXML (xml) and PhotoScore (opt) files for opening in other notation programs
- Save as MIDI for playback or opening in sequencers such as Pro Tools
- Converts polyphonic MP3s, CD tracks and wave audio (WAV) files to MIDI (mid), NIFF (nif), MusicXML (xml) and PhotoScore (opt) files
- View and edit performance on a staff or piano roll format with instant pitch feedback (note and frequency)
- Pitch recognition range F0 to C8 (22Hz to 4.2kHz)
- Timing accuracy down to 1/86th of a second
- Pitch accuracy 0.3Hz (about 1/100th of a semitone at A4)
What AudioScore recognizes:
- Styles ranging from solo and chamber music to jazz and pop
- A wide range of music performed by non-percussion instruments
- Notes from chords that even the ear cannot distinguish
- Works with moderate sustain or reverb
- Triplets, duplets, key signatures and clefs
- Pitch and volume changes at a resolution of 0.01 seconds
- Instrument audio characteristics for chromatic visualization