It's no secret that the lack of an HDMI port on Apple computers has been the source of much angst for Mac users. Since most HDTVs forgo the DisplayPort in favor of the HDMI port, Mac users have to buy video adapters to connect their Macs to their HDTVs. Finding the right one can be difficult, but the mLinq USB-to-HDMI-with-Audio Adapter from Kanex makes it easy to connect your Mac to an external display for full high-definition video output.
This adapter connects to the USB 2.0 port of your Mac computer and has a female HDMI port on the other end, which allows you to connect to a HDTV via male-to-male HDMI cable. Enjoy 1080p HD video playback right on your HDTV with full audio.
- Support for Past Mac Models
- For the legacy Mac (2006-2009) computers that do not have a Mini DisplayPort connector, this adapter is an ideal solution for connecting to any HDMI-compliant external display, such as an HD projector or an HDTV. Unleash your desktop applications by extending your legacy Mac onto a newer display for extra desktop space, viewing photos and watching videos
- Panoramic View
- Enjoy multiple desktops. Just connect this adapter to your existing USB port and create a panoramic workspace by viewing your desktop across multiple displays without sacrificing continuity
- Quick & Simple
- Set-up is a breeze for those who have plugged a USB cable or any other USB peripherals before. This adapter needs just a one-time software installation the first time it is plugged in and then it's plug and play from then on. It is even hot swappable with no need for hardware updates
- Powered From Within
- Don't bother with cumbersome power supplies that take up space. This adapter is powered via USB. With a built-in LED light, the adapter will conveniently alert you when its on and working