The Topaz DeNoise 5 Plug-In (Mac/Windows) from Topaz Labs LLC is a comprehensive noise-reduction program that works with Adobe Photoshop and several other popular image-editing software solutions. The plug-in employs proprietary IntelliNoise technology to remove the noise that obscures the detail and sullies the crispness of your images – without removing the detail itself.
For version 5, Topaz DeNoise adds dual-direction de-banding technology, which removes the long lines that extend across images and restores image color, detail, and integrity. The software also adds shadow-tone restoration. When noise is removed from images, a hazy color cast can appear, especially in shadow areas. The Correct Black Level parameter of DeNoise 5 returns the richness and true color to these darker tones.
Topaz DeNoise 5 not only repairs and enhances less-than-perfect images, but it also enables you to push past the usual technical limitations of your shooting. With DeNoise in your back pocket, you can confidently shoot faster, raising your ISO in the field without degrading the ultimate quality of your images. You can shoot up to four stops darker than you normally would at night or indoors, and DeNoise will reduce the low-light noise in post-production. You can also shoot indoors with a smaller aperture to keep all image elements in focus, and compensate by shooting at a higher ISO. Then reduce the resulting noise in DeNoise.
Topaz DeNoise works not only with Photoshop but also Photoshop Elements, Photo Impact, Irfanview, Serif Photo Plus, Aperture, iPhoto, PaintShop Pro, and Lightroom.
- Powered by proprietary IntelliNoise technology to optimally remove noise and recover detail. Optimally remove fixed, pattern, and random noise
- Quickly & effectively remove the noise that results from high ISO settings
- Shadow tone restoration to correct image black levels
- Remove horizontal and vertical banding noise
- Removes up to four stops of noise naturally and effectively
- Sharpens colors and edges
- Processing speed doubled over previous version
- Image size capability doubled over previous version