The Topaz ReMask 3 Plug-In (Mac/Windows) from Topaz Labs LLC is a powerful yet easy-to-use masking tool that allows you to replace the backgrounds of your photos and isolate specific areas of an image to edit. The plug-in features a simple workflow that will allow you to produce high-quality masks and cutouts quickly.
ReMask works like a pair of digital scissors to let you isolate objects with speed and accuracy. With the ability to make selective adjustments to your images, you suddenly enjoy endless control over every aspect of color, detail, positioning, and size in your images.
The workflow is simple, and even color-coded: Using the brush tools, simply tell ReMask what parts of the image to keep, what parts of the image to remove, and what parts of the image to process. ReMask will then accurately process the areas that you specified – such as edges, hair, and semi-transparent items such as veils.
The result is a clean mask that you can further adjust using the Magic Brush tool or the newly introduced Refining toolset. This toolset includes adjustments for Mask Hardness (the definition of subject edges), Mask Strength (the brightness of the mask), Recovery (to revive the color of the foreground in weaker/more transparent areas), and Desaturation (to ameliorate color contamination and blending in weaker/more transparent areas of the mask).
At this point you now have the ability to manipulate your image in a number of creative ways. You can replace backgrounds or skies easily. Make selective adjustments – for example, make the sky a different color or turn an image black & white except for one brightly colored object. Blur the background for a bokeh effect, or combine multiple images in a photo collage.
Topaz ReMask 3 works with Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, and PaintShop Photo Pro.
- Color decontamination technology to help solve color bleed issues
- Improved hair-extraction technology
- Refining Toolset for fine-tuning masks and foreground color
- Handles certain types of transparent objects
- Color-selection brushes to handle complex objects such as trees and veils
- Menu options to save and load tri-map and mask, allowing you to save and re-start partial results
- Dual-screen and quad-screen views
- Smart Filter support
- Includes a Magic Brush tool
- Works with graphics tablets, using the latest drivers