The Topaz Lens Effects Plug-In (Mac/Windows) from Topaz Labs LLC provides a wide range of effects that simulate the tested and true optical effects that photographers have been using for decades. With the Lens Effects plug-in, you can apply these effects in post-production, thereby leaving your original image pristine and ready to be manipulated creatively in other ways.
With 26 effects and over 170 customizable presets, the software lets you stack effects and presets to generate unique effects and apply them with a single click. The program offers a range of virtual lenses, filters, and specialty camera options that enable you to create bokeh, emphasize focal points (anywhere in the frame – one or even two), adjust depth of field, add vignettes, balance color tone, create "miniature" scenes with the tilt-shift effect, and more.
Topaz Lens Effects works not only with Photoshop but also Photoshop Elements, Photo Impact, Irfanview, Serif Photo Plus, Aperture, iPhoto, PaintShop Pro, and Lightroom.
- Aesthetically blur the background or out-of-focus areas while bringing more attention to the image subject. A Smart Brush allows you to create depth maps. Integrated in the Smart Brush is a Gradient Brush tool for creating a gradient within your depth map. A color-selection tool allows you to select the depth value of any point and paint in any area of the image using that selection
- Soften and spread out light to create a hazy or dream-like effect. This is traditionally used for portraits to soften/smooth skin
- Color Filters
- Single-tone and dual-tone filters for color correction, color enhancement, and to remove color cast
- Selectively adjust the focal plane and subject for creating unique perspectives and "miniature" effects
- Creative Blur
- Creatively blur and distort image to drive attention to your subject
- Gradually fade edges of image by darkening or lightening, bringing more emphasis to the center
- Enhance the look of sky and water by darkening the sky, reducing water reflections and foliage shine
- Graduated Neutral Density
- Control and balance exposure between the sky and the ground by darkening brighter areas
- Old School
- Combine multiple color tone, vignette, and grain effects to create photos with an "old-school" look and feel
- Create and emphasize movement by using motion tools that simulate zoom, spiral, rotation, panning, and shake
- Basic Tools
- Includes basic adjustment tools for brightness, highlights, contrast, saturation, color tone, sharpening, grain, and more for a comprehensive workflow