The Retro ADpak from XLN Audio is an expansion pack for the company's Addictive Drums and focuses on contemporary funk beats and sounds. Included is a Pearl Reference Series drum kit, complete with cymbals and extras, over 400 MIDI beats and grooves and 30 production presets.
The samples were recorded with both close and room microphones in a big studio room. This allows for going from a tight to big, fat to thin, high to low sounding kit in just a couple of clicks. The different preset categories include Clean, Roomy, Tight, Natural with Compression, and Effected.
The more than 400 MIDI grooves feature contemporary styles and a wide range of tempos and feel. All the files were recorded by a real drummer for the ultimate live feel. The Master Funk Grooves are long MIDI files, up to 32 bars in length and divided into verse, bridge, chorus and middle 8, ready to be dragged and dropped into the software of choice.
- The Pearl kit includes three crashes, two Sabian and one Paiste, a 13 inch Paiste hi hat, and a dry Sabian Artisan 22 inch ride cymbal
- The full kit consists of a 22 inch "thumpy" bass drum and a sharp sounding, thick bodied 14 inch snare drum
- Includes four tom toms ranging from 10 down to 16 inches
- Funk Beats come in both straight and swing feel with lots of variations like 16th hi-hat, 8th hi-hat, 4th hi-hat, ride variations, side stick variations, and more
- Also included are a total of 60 funk fills in different tempos and four different lengths
- Recorded in Studios 301 in Stockholm, Sweden using Neumann, Telefunken, AKG and AEA microphones through Universal Audio preamps