The NX200 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 18-55mm Lens (Black) from Samsung is a more compact, more affordable alternative to a DSLR camera that employs a mirror. Along with the sleek, slim design of the NX200, you get the creative opportunities that interchangeable lenses afford, plus mega-fine-detailed imagery: With a large (23.5 x 15.7mm), high-resolution APS-C image sensor, the NX200 captures photos at a vast 20.3 Megapixels. This model comes with a versatile 18-55mm zoom lens and a flash that attaches to the camera's hot shoe.
The lens features Samsung's i-Function technology, which puts a button on the lens that unlocks the manual adjustment of several settings. Choose among shutter speed, aperture, exposure value, white balance, and ISO, and then turn the ring on the lens to adjust your selected parameter. The slim-bodied NX200 camera has a mount that accepts any of Samsung's NX-mount lenses, a growing family that already offers a wide range of choices.
The NX200's video system is much-improved over that of its predecessor – the camera is capable of recording full HD 1920 x 1080 video at 30p. Set at 1280 x 720 resolution, the NX200 can even capture true slow-motion video.
- The camera's fast drive enables the capture of decisive moments at a speed of 7 shots per second
- The APS-C sensor features super-sonic dust reduction to keep it free of dust motes
- The bundled 18-55mm lens zooms 3x and offers an aperture range of f/3.5-5.6. The OIS II optical stabilization ameliorates camera shake for any image
- The NX200's bright 3" AMOLED display features a VGA resolution (640 x 480) for 614k dots and a 100% field of view of what the sensor captures
- Display options include Grid (four types), Histogram (for checking exposure levels), Icon On/Off, and a Distance Scale that's selectable in feet or meters (or can be turned off)
- The NX200 records movies as H.264 files at Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution at 30 progressive frames per second. The camera can also record 720p (1280 x 720) at 60 fps
- "High-speed" (quick-motion) recording is possible at 5x, 10x, and 20x
- Slow-motion recording is possible at 0.5x (1280, 640, and 320 horizontal-line modes only) as well as 0.25x (640 and 320 modes only)
- For stereo audio capture, left and right microphones are integrated into the camera's top – and separated by a distance that's about equivalent to the diameter of the lens mount. There's also a top-mounted speaker for playback
- The bundled SEF-8A flash (GN8) mounts to the camera's hot shoe. Flipping it up turns it on; flipping it back down turns it off again
- One touch of the Fn button activates the overhauled user interface, a user-friendly graphic UI that gives the user direct control over all camera features
- The NX200's 20 Mp APS-C CMOS sensor offers almost 50% more pixels over its predecessor, to capture much finer detail in images
- Smart Filter enables access to 10 filters for applying artistic effects in-camera
- Express your current mood by applying one of 12 included Magic Frames to your photo
- The NX200 can create 3D images (regular or panoramic) without a special lens
- Focus Aid shows an on-screen reference for easier manual focusing
- Framing mode auto-gains the brightness of the display in low-light scenes to keep the LCD bright