The Thecus N8900 8-Bay Diskless 10GbE Ready Enterprise Rackmount NAS Server is a high-capacity NAS storage solution. While the N8900 doesn't initially come with any hard drives, it can support up to 32TB of data storage capacity (sold separately). The server features USB SuperSpeed 3.0 connectivity, for data transfer rates up to 5.0 Gb/s! It supports SATA III and SAS drive interfaces for 6.0 Gb/s speeds. The server has an HDMI output, dual USB 3.0 ports and audio output / input. What's more is that it's 10Gb Ethernet ready. Take advantage of multiple PCI-e extension slots: One 4-lane and two 8-lane slots. These can come in handy for a variety of purposes, such as installing a 10Gb Ethernet adapter, allowing you to use your choice of traditional fiber or high-performance / low-cost base-T cables!
The N8900 comes equipped with a 2nd-generation Intel Core i3-2120 processor working at a speed of 3.3 GHz. There's also a full 8.0 GB of DDR3 memory. Whatever your desired business application, this server has you covered. It offers fast RAID operations, multitasking, reactive virtualized environments, application serving, and more.
The DOM (Disk On Module) is the counterpart to the BIOS on a computer: If it should fail or become corrupted for any reason, all of your precious data could be lost forever. Thanks to the Thecus Dual DOM design, you have a second DOM that's prepared to replace or reprogram the first one if the need should arise. This security measure has minimized DOM failures by 67%!
The N8900 is compatible with virtually every common file system, including Ext3, Ext4, and XFS, among others. Six link aggregation modes are supported to maximize performance.
- 10GbE Ready
- Today's high-end data centers routinely require a degree of speed that average Internet is simply incapable of providing. This Thecus NAS is 10Gb Ethernet ready to satisfy the most demanding needs of today--and tomorrow!
- USB 3.0 Connectivity
- The next generation of connectivity is here! Experience speeds of up to 5.0 Gb/s with USB 3.0--10x faster than USB 2.0! Whether you're connecting digital cameras and smart phones, backing up large external hard drives, or extending the capacity of your NAS, USB 3.0 will ensure that it's done in no time at all. Backwards compatibility enables connectivity of USB 2.0 and USB 1.1 devices, to achieve the optimal combination of speed and universal access.
- Acronis True Image
- Thecus gives you the best it has to offer with Acronis's sophisticated backup software. Back up all your data with single-click protection or pick and choose just your most critical files. Acronis features a slick interface, user-friendly design, and comprehensive feature set to keep your data secure.
- Dual DOM
- A Disk On Module (DOM) harbors all of the system's critical software. If it should cease to work for any reason, your system firmware could be inaccessible--or worse. With Thecus' unique Dual DOM (OS Redundancy) design, a second DOM automatically reprograms the primary DOM if it should fail, ensuring that your data is always secure and easily accessible.
- Multiple RAID
- Thecus' NAS server truly lets you have it your way when it comes to data management. Create multiple RAID volumes, each supporting different RAID modes, including RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60 and JBOD--for your own customizable blend of data protection and performance. If a hard drive malfunction occurs, changing one is easy via online RAID migration and expansion, hot spare and auto rebuild!
- Multiple File Systems
- Support for a multitude of file systems, including Ext3, EXT4, and XFS, gives Thecus NAS the versatility to handle many various types of environments. You can simultaneously utilize different file systems across multiple RAID volumes, in order to get the best that each has to offer.
- iSCSI Thin-Provisioning
- Get all the potential out of your storage space with the blazing-fast speed of iSCSI and the high efficiency of iSCSI thin provisioning. Connect via iSCSI for the fastest data transfer speeds available, and eliminate wasted disk space via thin provisioning's versatile storage functionality.
- iOS / Android Connectivity
- In today's world, nothing is as crucial as the ability to access your data from anywhere. With ThecusShare and the Thecus Dashboard, you're able to manage, upload to and download / stream from your NAS via an iOS or Android device on the go!
- Backing up your data is obviously a necessary procedure, and everyone has particular requirements when it comes to storage. Thecus's Rsync functionality affords you great flexibility with remote backup capability, a versatile scheduler, and the stability of Linux-based transfer.
- User Quotas
- Separate the massive storage of a Thecus NAS among multiple users. Whether there are 2 or 100 of you, user quotas make it a simple task to divvy up and manage disk space.
- PCI-e Slot
- Thecus NAS products are ready for numerous emerging technologies. Via the built in PCI-e slot, business users may add a 10G Ethernet Adaptor for lightning-fast transfer speeds, or a USB 3.0 Adapter Card for the enjoyment of next-generation connectivity.