The Sky-Watcher Quantum 4.72"/120mm Refractor from Celestron offers from 17x up to 283x magnification and is suitable for lunar, planetary, binary/star cluster, and galaxy/nebula observation. ED-APO quality, triplet refractor optics features three elements - two of Schott glass. There is a 4.72" or 120mm aperture, 840mm focal length and f/7 focal ratio for high-quality observation. Polished from high grade S-FPL53 ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass, the ED element minimizes chromatic aberration to produce images with enhanced sharpness, and reduce false color halos and fringing.
Equipped with a fully-multicoated 9x50mm correct-image right-angle finderscope with machined dovetail bracket, the Sky-Watcher Quantum 120 telescope offers enhanced brightness and contrast. Antireflection multi-coating on all the air-to-glass surfaces helps to minimize light scatter, and offers enhanced contrast and high light transmission. The four contrast-enhancing internal light baffles in the tube, the focuser drawtube, and a specially darkened tube interior help provide dark sky backgrounds and high terrestrial contrast. The carbon fiber lens shade slows down the formation of dew on the lens in cold weather and offers protection from dust and wind-blown air particles.
The 2" focuser features dual speed focusing and micro-fine adjustments with an engraved scale. The draw tube has a very generous 3.4" diameter and includes an eyepiece adapter. A 28mm eyepiece provides 30x magnification right out of the box without having to purchase additional eyepieces until you are sure what you want. The Sky-Watcher Quantum 120 provisions a dielectric mirror star diagonal with high light transmission. There is an included thread-on field flattener. The finderscope is a 9x50 right-angle erecting image scope. The Rayleigh resolution is 1.16 arc seconds while the Dawes resolution value comes out as 0.97 arc seconds and the light gathering power is reported as 294x. The fully illuminated field is 1.69" or 43mm.
The telescope integrates a dual hinged split-ring tube rings and a CGE style dovetail mounting bar that fits into the Vixen-style dovetail slot on the head of several Altazimuth and German equatorial mounts. The telescope comes in a foam-fitted aluminum-clad shipping and storage case. Mount and tripod are available separately.
- Ultra-smooth, precision linear bearing focuser with large 3.4" diameter drawtube, fine and micro-fine 2-speed focusing adjustments with an engraved scale and a 2" eyepiece adapter
- Multicoated optics on all air-to-glass lens surfaces reduces light loss and glare due to reflection offering a brighter, higher-contrast image
- Thread-on field flattener lens provides sharp, focused stars across a large 43mm image circle. Compatible with M48 camera adapter rings
- Carbon fiber lens shade protects the objective lens from dust, moisture and unwanted ambient light. Retracts for compact storage and mobility
- Ready to be mounted. Metal tube rings and a CGE-style dovetail plate included. Mount and tripod must be supplied by the user
- Triplet design to eliminate chromatic aberration by the use of extra-low dispersion (ED) glass S-FPL53, and Schott glass
- Carbon fiber optical tube furnishes thermal stability, dent and scratch-resistance and a stylish protective finish
- Aluminum case offers protection minimizing the concern and worry of transport
- Four internal baffles maximize contrast and minimize reflection