The black TLB-600 PL Telephoto Lens Backpack from Kata is a heavy-duty pack for someone who takes his outdoor photography very seriously. The bag is designed to hold your pro DSLR with a 600mm lens attached as well as a large interior that is configurable to accommodate a host of additional lenses and accessories. This pack will help you get those "keeper" nature shots of a rare animal or bird since a 600mm lens can get you up close and personal when other lenses fall short. At 7 lb, and packed with a host of useful features, it can provide you with functionality and security while outdoors.
The ripstop construction is supported by an included rain fly that can be deployed during severe weather. It is uniquely designed to have a black side for rain protection while the silver flip side can be used for either heat deflection or as a reflector during portrait shots. Kata also provides their Toblerone design that helps with shock absorption as well as protecting the vulnerable spots on the bag such as the bottom. This feature guards against bumps and tears from incidental contact. As an added feature, it also elevates the bag off the ground to help keep your pack as dry as possible.
Outside, the frame is made from rugged aluminum and provides a skeleton that is not only strong but comfortable to carry. There is a front zippered accessory pocket for quick access items. This pocket can also hold an extra body or lens. A rear opening lets you access your gear while keeping the bag with lens stabilized. The adjustable waist belt cleverly contains various small pockets for items you really need to get at quickly. The top cap pouch can also be used to store personal items and can be removed when not needed. Extra bags can be attached to the bottom of the bag with the provided straps. There are other organizer pockets that will hold additional small items like a teleconverter.
Inside, your gear is stored snugly in compartments that can be configured using Kata's optional modi-vers system. Each piece can be stored in its own little pocket. Change them around to suit whatever your shooting needs are. The yellow modi-vers dividers make it easier to spot gear and are available in various sizes and strengths. Everything is stored within Kata's aeriform foam made from super-light and strong EVA and EVE foam.
No outdoor shooter goes anywhere without a tripod. Using the provided clips and sling, you'll be able to attach your pod to the rear of the bag and always have it at the ready. More than that, if you need even more increased storage capacity, the pack is designed to accept Kata's optional EPH system - a system that enables you to attach extra bags to your pack. The harness system is advanced and completely adjustable to suit your body. It's complete with shoulder straps, 6 point adjustable waist belt, and lumbar pad that ensure the perfect ergonomic fit for each individual carrier. The sternum strap will help keep the bag stabilized while walking or hiking.
- Located on the bottom and dangerous spots of the bag, the Toblerones will protect your case from bumps, tears and sudden shock by absorbing any accidental impact your case may endure. Additionally the profile elevates the bag above any standing water or wet spots, keeping your case as dry as possible
- Modi-Vers Compatible
- This bag is customizable through the use of the modi-vers divider system. This allows you to protect your equipment while creating custom compartments to fit your unique equipment. You can cut custom dividers to fit whatever size you need to keep your equipment snug. The yellow material makes it easy to find even the smallest components and accessories. Modi-Vers kits are sold separately and come in various sizes and strengths
- Aluminum Skeleton
- Rigid staves for more structural support
- Aeriform Foam
- Perforated super light laminated and reinforced EVA (Ethylene vinyl acetate ) and EPE (Polyethylene ) foams
- Tripod Holder
- The Kata tripod holder allows you to always have your tripod on hand. Simply attach to the designated clips on the bag and put two legs of the tripod in the sling to comfortably carry your tripod along with you wherever your shot may be
- EPH System Compatible
- This bag is compatible with the Kata EPH system which will allow you to connect additional bags for extra carrying possibilities. You can add backpacks, torso packs or waist packs to any one of your Kata EPH system compatible bags
- Elements Cover
- The provided elements cover will protect your valuable equipment during extreme weather conditions. Simply install over the bag on the black side for rain protection, the silver side for heat deflection, or use as a dust cover. The silver side can additionally be used as a reflector if needed