Although the RF-400 FAME 400W/s Monolight is the most affordable monolight made by Rime Lite, it's loaded with the type of convenience and performance features which have made it a favorite of amateurs and professionals alike.
The sleek design incorporates a built-in handle to make set up and break-down a breeze as well as intuitive adjustment knobs for power and modeling light control and simple push-buttons for other functions such as the optical slave and audible recycle alert. And speaking of recycling, FAME's electrolytic aluminum capacitors make super-fast recycling (0.1 - 2.1 sec.) possible. This, combined with FAMES's short flash duration (1/2,300 sec.), make it ideal for photographing kinetic subjects like actors, dancers or athletes.
But your FAME flash head doesn't sacrifice accuracy for impressive specs either. The 16,777,216 advanced color space is a perfect match for your digital camera's CCD or CMOS chip, allowing precise reproduction of even the most subtle hues. The special Xenon flash tube adds to the quality of light as does the included frosted dome which is perfect for even light distribution in one of Rime Lite's optional softboxes.
- 4.5 Stop Power Range
- Power is variable over a 4.5 stop range via the convenient wheel power interface. Modeling light intensity can be manually tweaked to match or set to proportional to match automatically.
- Easy Push Button Control
- Modeling light on/off, optical/IR slave, audible recycle alert and flash test are controlled by simple push buttons.
- Xenon Flash Tube
- A specially designed Xenon flash tube enables precise control and consistent 5,500K color temperature (+/-200K).
- Optional Wireless Triggering
- Purchase the SWING radio remote and say goodbye to that tangle of wires. Trigger your flash heads from up to 394' (120 m) away.
- Small Powerful Capacitors
- FAME's electrolytic aluminum capacitors allow rapid recycling.
- Advanced Color Space
- Fame's color mapping technology enables the rendering of natural color and subtle hues in your subject. And it's digital-friendly as well. The CCD/CMOS chip in your camera is perfectly matched to the flash head's 16,777,216 RGB color space.