The SuperMicro 500GB Computer/ MBD-C7P67/ Core i5-2300/ 8GB DDR3/ DVD-RW/ Windows 7 is a complete computer workstation. It includes a 3.5" 500 GB Seagate hard disk drive with SATA 3.0 (6.0 Gb/s), SuperChassis 732D2-500B Mid Tower Chassis For PC (Black), an MBD-C7P67 Motherboard, a Sandy-Bridge 4C Core i5-2300 2.8 GHz processor, 2 installments of 4.0 GB (8.0 GB total) DDR3 1333 MHz Hynix memory (lead-free), a 24x DVD-RW SATA Drive, Nvidia Quadro 600 1 GB 128-bit DDR3 graphics, the Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit OS, an SNK-P0046A4 Heatsink thermal solution, and a CBL-0044L 24" (61 cm) SATA flat cable for DVD.
The HDD-T0500-ST500NM0011 Seagate Constellation ES SATA 6 Gb/s 500 GB Hard Drive boasts 500 GB data storage capacity. It utilizes the blazing-fast Enterprise SATA 3.0 interface, offering data transfer rates of up to 6.0 Gb/s! Its 3.5" form factor features enhanced rotational vibration tolerance and high data integrity for enterprise-class reliability. An MTBF of 1.2 million hr and better end-to-end data integrity with the Protection Information feature ensure great reliability. The drive also reduces energy and cooling costs. It comes bundled with Seagate PowerChoice technology for better on-demand power savings in slow or idle periods. The Constellation offers a TCG-compliant, Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) security option.
The SuperChassis 732D2-500B Mid Tower Chassis For PC (Black) is an enclosure for the computer's components. The chassis includes four 3.5" internal SAS / SATA hard drive disk bays, with space for an additional four 2.5" internal SAS / SATA HDD bays (not included), providing plenty of potential storage capacity. The HDD cage design is 90° rotatable. The enclosure also features three peripheral drive bays, two of which are 5.25" and one of which is 3.5".
The SuperChassis has a Mid-Tower form factor that supports the following motherboard sizes: 12" x 13" E-ATX, 12" x 10" ATX, and 9.6" x 9.6" Micro-ATX. It supports dual and single Intel and AMD processors. Enjoy the convenience of 7 full-height, full-length PCI expansion slots.
There's a single 4.7" rear exhaust fan included, with the option to add an additional 4.7" front cooling fan (not included). Optimized Cooling Technology operates at a quiet 21 dB. You'll find dual audio (HD/AC97) and USB 2.0 front I/O ports on the chassis, as well. LED indicators are present for power status, hard drive activity, network activity and system overheating. The enclosure uses a high-efficiency 80Plus power supply.
The MBD-C7P67 Motherboard supports Intel 2nd Generation Core i7/i5/i3, Pentium and Celeron processors (LGA 1155). It has an Intel P67 Express chipset. The board supports up to 32 GB of 1333/1066 MHz non-ECC DDR3 UDIMM RAM on 4 DIMM slots. It comes equipped with one PCI-E 2.0 x16 (x8 if slot 4 is used), one PCI-E 2.0 x8 (in x16), three PCI-E 2.0 x1, and two 32-bit PCI slots. Dual Realtek RTL8111E GbE LAN ports are also present. The MBD-C7P67 features four SATA 3.0 ports offering 6.0 Gb/s data transfer speeds and RAID 0 and 1 support, plus four SATA 2.0 ports offering 3.0 Gb/s transfers and RAID 0, 1, 5 and 10 support. The board also has two USB 3.0 SuperSpeed ports and twelve USB 2.0 ports, eight in the rear and four via internal headers. The board is TPM 1.2 20-pin Header ready.
The Sandy-Bridge 4C Core i5-2300 2.8 GHz 6M 5 GT/s DMI processor offers 4 cores, 4 threads, and a 2.8 GHz clock speed. It boasts a 6.0 MB Intel Smart Cache. Its DMI is 5.0 GT/s. The CPU supports up to 32 GB of DDR3-1066/1333 memory, on 2 channels. The maximum memory bandwidth is 21 GB/s. It does not support ECC memory. The processor offers Intel HD Graphics 2000. It is PCI Express Revision 2.0 capable, and features a PCI Express port. It supports the LGA1155 socket. The processor features Intel Turbo Boost Technology, vPro Technology, Hyper-Threading Technology, and more!
The Nvidia Quadro 600 1 GB 128-Bit Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) features 96 CUDA Cores. It has 1.0 GB of DDR3 frame buffer memory, with a 128-bit interface and 25.6 GB/s bandwidth. The GPU supports 1x Dual Link DVI-I, 1x DisplayPort with max digital resolution of 2560 x 1600 @ 60 Hz, and 3D Vision/3D Vision Pro. Also enjoy support for Shader Model 5.0, OpenGL 4.0, Microsoft DirectX 11, Mosaic Technology, NVIEW Display Management Software, FSAA (maximum): 64x and Audio (via DisplayPort).
Windows 7 Professional with Service Pack 1 (64-bit) (OEM) from Microsoft is the long-awaited successor to the ubiquitous Windows Vista operating system. Building upon Vista's impressive feature set, Windows 7 adds many features which simplify the way you use your PC, as well as the way that your PC connects to the world.
Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) is an important update that includes previously released security, performance, and stability updates for Windows 7. SP1 also includes new improvements to features and services in Windows 7, such as improved reliability when connecting to HDMI audio devices, printing using the XPS Viewer, and restoring previous folders in Windows Explorer after restarting.
The Professional edition of Windows 7 is designed to meet the needs of business and home use alike. It omits none of the features that are found in the Home Premium edition of the software. These include improved desktop navigation, improved speed, the Internet Explorer 8 web browser, Windows Media Center, and HomeGroup networking.
Features gained by moving up to the Professional edition include Windows XP Mode, which allows you to run legacy applications in a true virtualization of Windows XP. You'll also be able to join Domains, which is often a requirement for connecting to corporate networks. Finally, the Professional edition adds the ability to backup your system to a home or business network.
This version of the software is meant to be installed on 64-bit systems.
Note! The OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) version of Windows 7 can only be used with a single PC, and the license is non-transferable. Additionally, the software can't be used to upgrade a current version of Windows; it requires you to backup any data on your machine before you install it.
Seagate Constellation ES SATA Hard Drive
- 500 GB data storage capacity
- Enterprise SATA interface: 6.0 Gb/s data transfer rate
- 3.5" form factor with enhanced rotational vibration tolerance and high data integrity for enterprise-class reliability
- MTBF (Mean time between failures) of 1.2 million hr and better end-to-end data integrity with Protection Information feature, for proven reliability
- Reduces energy and cooling costs
- Includes Seagate PowerChoice technology for better on-demand power savings in slow or idle periods
TCG-compliant, Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) security option eliminates need to overwrite or physically destroy drives, and allows for safe return of drives for warranty or expired lease purposes, as well as enabling organizations to securely repurpose or sell hard disk drives.
Note: Requires TCG-compliant host or controller support
- Complies with regulatory data security requirements and is FIPS 140-2 Validated to protect Sensitive but Unclassified and Protected class data
SuperChassis 732D2-500B Mid Tower Chassis for PC
- Includes 4x 3.5" internal SAS / SATA hard drive disk bays, with space for an additional four 2.5" internal SAS / SATA HDD bays (not included), providing plenty of potential storage capacity. The HDD cage design is 90° rotatable
- 3x peripheral drive bays, two of which are 5.25" and one of which is 3.5"
- Mid-Tower form factor that supports the following motherboard sizes: 12 x 13" E-ATX, 12 x 10" ATX, and 9.6 x 9.6" Micro-ATX
- Supports dual and single Intel and AMD processors
- 7x full-height, full-length PCI expansion slots
- 4.7" rear exhaust fan included, with the option to add an additional 4.7" front cooling fan (not included)
- Optimized Cooling Technology operates at a quiet 21 dB
- Dual audio (HD/AC97) and USB 2.0 front I/O ports
- LED indicators present for power status, hard drive activity, network activity and system overheating
- High-efficiency 80Plus power supply
- Supports Intel 2nd Generation Core i7/i5/i3, Pentium and Celeron processors (LGA 1155)
- Intel P67 Express chipset
- Supports up to 32 GB of 1333/1066 MHz non-ECC DDR3 UDIMM RAM on 4 DIMM slots
- Comes equipped with one PCI-E 2.0 x16 (x8 if slot 4 is used), one PCI-E 2.0 x8 (in x16), three PCI-E 2.0 x1, and two 32-bit PCI slots
- Dual Realtek RTL8111E GbE LAN ports
- Four SATA 3.0 ports offering 6.0 Gb/s data transfer speeds and RAID 0 and 1 support, plus four SATA 2.0 ports offering 3.0 Gb/s transfers and RAID 0, 1, 5 and 10 support
- Two USB 3.0 SuperSpeed ports and twelve USB 2.0 ports, eight in the rear and four via internal headers
- TPM 1.2 20-pin Header ready
Sandy-Bridge 4C Core i5-2300 2.8 GHz 6M 5 GT/s DMI Processor
- Offers 4 cores, 4 threads
- 2.8 GHz clock speed, with 3.1 GHz max turbo frequency
- 6.0 MB Intel Smart Cache
- DMI is 5.0 GT/s
- Supports up to 32 GB of DDR3-1066/1333 memory, on 2 channels. The maximum memory bandwidth is 21 GB/s. It does not support ECC memory
- Intel HD Graphics 2000
- PCI Express Revision 2.0 capable; features a PCI Express port
- Supports the LGA1155 socket
- Advanced technologies: Intel Turbo Boost Technology, vPro Technology, Hyper-Threading Technology, Virtualization Technology (VT-x), Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d), Trusted Execution Technology, AES New Instructions, Intel 64 Architecture, Idle States, Enhanced SpeedStep Technology, Thermal Monitoring Technologies, Fast Memory Access, Flex Memory Access, and Executable Disable Bit
8.0 GB Memory
- 2 installments of 4.0 GB (8.0 GB total) DDR3 1333 MHz Hynix memory (lead-free)
nVIDIA Quadro 600 Graphics
- NVIDIA CUDA Architecture: 96 CUDA Cores
- 1.0 GB DDR3 frame buffer memory
- Memory interface: 128-bit
- Memory bandwidth (GB/s): 25.6
- Display Support: 1x Dual Link DVI-I, 1x DisplayPort with max digital resolution of 2560 x 1600 @ 60 Hz, 3D Vision/3D Vision Pro
- Shader Model 5.0, OpenGL 4.0, Microsoft DirectX 11, Mosaic Technology, NVIEW Display Management Software, FSAA (maximum): 64x, Audio Support (via DisplayPort)
- BLACK LITE-ON 5.25" (13.3 cm) HH 24x DVD-RW SATA Drive PBF
Windows 7 Professional with Service Pack 1 (64-bit) (OEM)
User Interface Enhancements
- An improved taskbar allows you to launch programs and switch between them when they're open. You can pin any program to the taskbar, making it just a click away. Rearrange icons via clicking and dragging. Icons are bigger than in previous versions, making them easier to identify. Hover over an icon and view thumbnails of every file or window that is currently open in that program; hover over the thumbnail and see a full-screen preview of that window. Move the cursor away, and the preview disappears
Jump Lists allow you to quickly reach files with which you've been working. Simply right-click an application icon to see which files it has recently opened. You can even pin files to a Jump List, ensuring they always appear on it, allowing you to access frequently-used files with only a few clicks.
Certain programs, including Windows Media Player, can pre-populate their Jump Lists with common tasks. You can play all of your music or resume the most recently played playlist via the Media Player Jump List. In Internet Explorer, frequently-visited and recently-visited websites will appear
There are numerous Desktop enhancements present in Windows 7. Snaps allows you to quickly grab a window and pull it to either edge of your screen, automatically resizing the window to occupy half of your screen.
You can also quickly view gadgets, or grab a file from your desktop. Move your mouse to the lower right corner of your desktop and all open Windows will become transparent. Need to hide all but one window? Grab the one you would like to keep at the top and shake it, all other windows will hide. Shake the window again, and they'll return
Windows Search has been improved since its introduction in Windows Vista. You'll be able to find files, e-mail messages, and applications via the search box, conveniently located at the bottom of the Start menu. Simply enter a word or a string of letters from the file name: you'll receive an organized list of results.
Search results are organized by file type. Programs, items in your control panel, documents, music, and photos that match your search will be grouped together by file type. You can further customize search results via filters: filter by creation date, document author, and more
Windows 7 includes Internet Explorer 8, the latest iteration of Microsoft's popular web browser. Rendering web pages much faster than previous versions, IE8 includes an address bar, search tabs, and a Favorites bar to help you better navigate the web.
Instant Search starts returning results as soon as you start typing your query. In addition to searching the web, the search also looks through your browsing history, making it easier to locate a previously-visited page. There is no need to wait for a search to complete if you see your result beforehand: simply click on the page you'd like to visit and IE will take you there
Accelerators allow you to highlight any part of a web page, and feed it into a frequently-used service as a search. See an address on a web page? Highlight it, and use an Accelerator to immediately display a map. You'll have access to Accelerators for e-mail, eBay, Facebook, blogging, mapping, search, translation, and more
IE8 also supports Web Slices. Allowing you to capture only a portion of a web site, you can create web slices for auction items, sports scores, weather reports, and more. When the content contained in the slice changes, it will be highlighted in your Favorites Bar
Device management has been greatly enhanced in Windows 7. Rather than spreading devices across several different screens, as had been done in previous versions of Windows, you'll be able to access all of your devices from one screen. The Devices and Printers screen will allow you to manage all of your printers, phones, peripherals, MP3 players, and other devices
Windows 7 also features Device Stage technology. Use Device Stage to interact with any compatible device that is connected to your computer. You'll be able to view device status, and run common tasks from a single window. Device icons reflect the type of peripheral, allowing you to easily see what is connected
- While most folks with multiple computers already have a home network setup for Internet sharing, it is often difficult to share other files between computers. Enter HomeGroup. You'll be able to use this function to more easily setup a home network, allowing you to share printers and files among all of the computers in your home
- Joining networks can often cause a headache, especially for users who have access to different networks in different locations. Whether it be a corporate network, a VPN, your home Wi-Fi, mobile broadband, or dial-up, all of your networks are visible in the View Available Networks (VAN) window. You'll have one-click access to any available network, and you can configure automatic connection to frequently-used networks
Performance and Compatibility
- Windows 7 is optimized so that PCs start up, shut down, and resume from standby faster than previous versions. Added features, including the aforementioned Taskbar and Jump Lists, allow you to complete common tasks. You'll be able to use the Action Center to control how the OS notifies you of systems changes. Windows 7 helps you recover from problems when they occur, walking you through the steps necessary to address common issues
- Mobile computers rely on an all-too-often anemic battery for power. Windows 7 features a number of power-saving enhancements, designed to prolong battery life. Adaptive display brightness dims a display when you've been away from your PC, and playing DVD movies requires less power than in previous versions of Windows
- We all have existing hardware and software, and it is essential that they work with a new operating system as well as they did with the old. Most devices that work with Windows Vista will work with windows 7. Microsoft has implemented a "Compatible with Windows 7" program, which allows manufacturers to place a logo on devices and applications that are compatible with the OS. You'll also be able to run many productivity and business applications that carry the Windows XP logo. Additional software to do so is available as a free download from Microsoft
- In past versions, Windows would notify you via a pop-up or other message if there was something that needed attention on your computer. Instead of using intrusive pop-up messages, Windows 7 simply adds an icon to the Action Center
- Windows Media Center allows you to watch TV, movies, and other types of video on your computer. When used with TV tuner hardware, it allows you to record television programming. It features a streamlined programming guide, which contains both standard and digital HD program lists
- With more and more media becoming available in digital formats, it is often desirable to stream media from your PC to your home theater. Windows 7 simplifies streaming, making it much easier to send media to compatible networked media devices
- Windows Media Player features a "Play To" feature, which allows you to push media to a compatible network device, while maintaining playback control from your computer. Typing away on the laptop and in the mood to listen to some music, but not through a pair of tinny computer speakers? Play To can send music to a networked stereo, Xbox 360, or other compatible device. You'll have full control over playback from the familiar Windows Media Player interface
- In a perfect world you could keep all of your movies, music, and photos on every computer you own. However, we all know that notebook hard drives are not always spacious enough to allow for this. With Windows 7, you can access media stored on your home computer from your laptop via the Internet. Simply connect to your home PC remotely and listen to music, view pictures, or watch videos over the Internet. Both systems must be using Windows 7, of course
- Windows Live Essentials, a free download for Windows 7 users, adds several features that were present in Windows Vista, but have been omitted from Windows 7. It adds supports for multiple e-mail accounts, digital photo editing, instant messaging, and online security
Windows 7 adds support for touch-screen computers, including those that support multi-touch gestures. Larger, touch-friendly icons are present throughout the OS. Interact directly with the OS and applications via touch: control media playback, scroll through documents and web pages, resize windows, and pan and zoom across large photos
Multi-touch technology allows you to control the screen with more than one finger. You can zoom in on an image by moving 2 fingers closer together, in a pinching motion, or zoom out by moving them apart. Rotate an image by rotating 1 finger around another, and right-click by holding 1 finger on your target and tapping the screen with a second
Service Pack 1
- The included SP1 / Service Pack 1 is a Windows update package that helps make the software more reliable. It includes previously released security, performance and stability updates for Windows 7. SPI provides improvements to features and services in Windows 7, including better reliability when connecting to HDMI audio devices, printing with the XPS Viewer, and restoring previous folders in Windows Explorer after a restart
- SNK-P0046A4 Heatsink for 2U+ UP Servers and Workstations, LGA1156 and LGA1155 type sockets, push-in pin mounting, 2,800 rpm speed, and 33.5 dBA noise level