The SuperMicro SuperChassis/MBD-X8DAi/Xeon 5600/1TB HDD/24GB RAM/Windows 7 System is a computer workstation. It consists of a SuperChassis 733TQ-665B, an MBD-X8DAi motherboard, 2x Intel Xeon (Westmere) 4C E5606 CPUs, 6 installments of 4.0 GB DDR3-1333 MHz 1Rx4 ECC REG RoHS memory (24 GB total), a Seagate 1.0 TB SATA hard drive, Nvidia Quadro 4000 2.0 GB 256-bit graphics, a 24x DVD-RW SATA drive, a 24" (61 cm) SATA flat cable for DVD, a 12.4" (31.5 cm) SATA flat cable, 2x SNK-P0035AP4 thermal solutions, and the Windows 7 Professional 64 bit operating system.
The SuperChassis 733TQ-665B supports dual and single Intel / AMD processors. It comes equipped with a 665 W Super Quiet (25dB), 80 PLUS (Bronze Level), high-efficiency power supply, as well as a power switch and 4 LED indicators. The chassis features 4x 3.5" SAS / SATA hot-swappable drive bays with SES2 support. Full SES2 support is available with SAS motherboards and other compatible components. The SuperChassis offers support for high end graphics cards, such as the Nvidia one included in this system. On the chassis are 7x I/O expansion slots, as well as 2x front USB 2.0 ports. There's a 3.54" (9.0 cm) PWM Cooling fan, as well as a 4.72" (12 cm) PWM Exhaust fan. A Locking Bezel and Locking Side Panel are also present.
The MBD-X8DAi motherboard works with Intel Xeon 5600 / 5500 series processors with a QPI up to 6.4 GT/s. It is equipped with the Intel 5520 (Tylersburg) Chipset. The board supports up to 192 GB of DDR3 1333 / 1066 / 800 MHz ECC Registered DIMM / 48 GB Unbuffered DIMM memory. There is an Intel 82573V / L Dual-port Gigabit Ethernet Controller, as well as 6x SATA2 (3.0 Gbps) Ports via ICH10R Controller. As for expansion slots, the board features 2 (x16) PCI-E 2.0, 1 (x4) PCI-E (in x 8 slot), and 3x PCI 33 MHz slots. Enjoy Realtek ALC883 7.1 HD Audio support. There are 2x IEEE 1394a Headers and a IPMI 2.0 (SIMLC) Slot.
The workstation boasts dual Intel Xeon (Westmere) 4C E5606 2.13 GHz 8.0 MB 4.8 GT/s QPI CPUs. Each is a Quad-core, 64-bit processor with a clock speed of 2.13 GHz. Each one has an 8.0 MB Intel Smart Cache. The CPU's Quick Path Interconnect / QPI speed is 4.8 GT/s. Its maximum memory size is 288 GB, and it supports DDR3-800 / 1066 MHz RAM, including ECC. The processors boast Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x), Trusted Execution Technology, enhanced SpeedStep Technology, and more!
The Seagate Constellation ES SATA 6.0 Gb/s 1.0 TB Hard Drive is a 3.5" (8.9 cm) HDD boasting a full 1.0 TB of data storage capacity, as well as a 64 MB cache. Utilizing the SATA interface, it offers transfer rates up to 6.0 Gb/s! The Constellation features enhanced rotational vibration tolerance plus a high degree of data integrity, to provide enterprise-class reliability in a cost-effective drive. It has proven reliability, with an MTBF / Mean time between failures of 1.2 million hr, and improved end-to-end data integrity with the Protection Information feature. The drive has low power consumption and features Seagate PowerChoice technology for even better on-demand power savings in slow or idle periods.
The Nvidia Quadro 4000 2.0 GB 256-bit graphics processing unit (GPU) boasts 256 CUDA Cores. It has 2.0 GB GDDR5 memory with a 256-bit interface. It has support for Dual Link DVI-I and 2x DisplayPort, and a total of 2x digital and 1x analog outputs. The GPU boasts a maximum digital display resolution of 2560 x 1600 @ 60 Hz. It's also 3D Vision / 3D Vision Pro capable. Enjoy support for Shader Model 5.0, OpenGL 4.1, Microsoft DirectX 11, NVIDIA Multi-OS Technology, CUDA Architecture and SDI option.
Windows 7 Professional with Service Pack 1 (64-bit) (OEM) from Microsoft is the long-awaited successor to the ubiquitous Windows Vista operating system. Building upon Vista's impressive feature set, Windows 7 adds many features which simplify the way you use your PC, as well as the way that your PC connects to the world.
Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) is an important update that includes previously released security, performance, and stability updates for Windows 7. SP1 also includes new improvements to features and services in Windows 7, such as improved reliability when connecting to HDMI audio devices, printing using the XPS Viewer, and restoring previous folders in Windows Explorer after restarting.
The Professional edition of Windows 7 is designed to meet the needs of business and home use alike. It omits none of the features that are found in the Home Premium edition of the software. These include improved desktop navigation, improved speed, the Internet Explorer 8 web browser, Windows Media Center, and HomeGroup networking.
Features gained by moving up to the Professional edition include Windows XP Mode, which allows you to run legacy applications in a true virtualization of Windows XP. You'll also be able to join Domains, which is often a requirement for connecting to corporate networks. Finally, the Professional edition adds the ability to backup your system to a home or business network.
This version of the software is meant to be installed on 64-bit systems.
Note: The OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) version of Windows 7 can only be used with a single PC, and the license is non-transferable. Additionally, the software can't be used to upgrade a current version of Windows; it requires you to backup any data on your machine before you install it.
- Supports dual and single Intel / AMD processors
- Comes equipped with a 665 W Super Quiet (25dB), 80 PLUS (Bronze Level), high-efficiency power supply, as well as a power switch and 4 LED indicators
- Features 4x 3.5" SAS / SATA hot-swappable drive bays with SES2 support
- Full SES2 support is available with SAS motherboards and other compatible components
- Support for high end graphics cards, such as the Nvidia one included in this system
- 7x I/O expansion slots
- 2x front USB 2.0 ports
- A 3.54" (9.0 cm) PWM Cooling fan and a 4.72" (12 cm) PWM Exhaust fan
- Locking Bezel and Locking Side Panel
- Works with Intel Xeon 5600 / 5500 series processors with a QPI up to 6.4 GT/s
- Equipped with the Intel 5520 (Tylersburg) Chipset
- Supports up to 192 GB of DDR3 1333 / 1066 / 800 MHz ECC Registered DIMM / 48 GB Unbuffered DIMM memory
- Intel 82573V / L Dual-port Gigabit Ethernet Controller
- 6x SATA2 (3.0 Gbps) Ports via ICH10R Controller
- 2 (x16) PCI-E 2.0, 1 (x4) PCI-E (in x 8 slot), and 3x PCI 33 MHz slots
- Realtek ALC883 7.1 HD Audio
- 2x IEEE 1394a Headers
- IPMI 2.0 (SIMLC) Slot
Dual Intel Xeon E5606 (Westmere) CPUs
- Quad-core, 64-bit processors
- Clock speed of 2.13 GHz
- 8.0 MB Intel Smart Cache
- Quick Path Interconnect / QPI speed is 4.8 GT/s
- Maximum memory size is 288 GB. Supports DDR3-800 / 1066 MHz RAM, including ECC
- Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x) for better manageability, security, and flexibility in IT environments; Trusted Execution Technology for safer computing; AES New Instructions; 64 architecture to deliver 64-bit computing when combined with supporting software, enabling systems to address more than 4.0 GB of memory; Idle States; enhanced SpeedStep Technology to allow for high performance while complying with power-conservation requirements; Demand Based Switching; and Execute Disable Bit to reduce exposure to viruses and malicious code attacks and stop harmful software from executing or propagating
24 GB DDR3 Memory
- 6 installments of 4.0 GB DDR3-1333 MHz 1Rx4 ECC REG RoHS memory (24 GB total)
Seagate Constellation ES SATA Hard Drive
- 3.5" (8.9 cm) form factor
- A full 1.0 TB of data storage capacity, as well as a 64 MB cache
- Utilizing the SATA interface, it offers transfer rates up to 6.0 Gb/s!
- Features enhanced rotational vibration tolerance plus a high degree of data integrity, to provide enterprise-class reliability in a cost-effective drive
- Proven reliability, with an MTBF / Mean time between failures of 1.2 million hr
- Improved end-to-end data integrity with the Protection Information feature
- Has low power consumption and features Seagate PowerChoice technology for even better on-demand power savings in slow or idle periods
- TCG-compliant, Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) security option eliminates the requirement to overwrite or physically destroy drives, allows safe return of drives for warranty or expired lease purposes, and enables organizations to safely repurpose or sell hard disk drives 1
- Satisfies regulatory data security compliance requirements and is FIPS 140-2 Validated to safeguard Sensitive but Unclassified and Protected class data 2
Nvidia Quadro 4000 Graphics
- 2.0 GB 256-bit graphics processing unit (GPU)
- 256 CUDA Cores
- 2.0 GB GDDR5 memory with a 256-bit interface
- Support for Dual Link DVI-I and 2x DisplayPort, and a total of 2x digital and 1x analog outputs
- Boasts a maximum digital display resolution of 2560 x 1600 @ 60 Hz
- 3D Vision / 3D Vision Pro capable
- Support for Shader Model 5.0, OpenGL 4.1, Microsoft DirectX 11, NVIDIA Multi-OS Technology, CUDA Architecture and SDI option
DVD-RW SATA Drive
- BLACK LITE-ON 5.25" (13.3 cm) HH 24x DVD-RW SATA Drive PBF
Dual SNK-P0035AP4 Thermal Solutions
- For 4U+ UP or DP Workstation / Desktop
- For SC733 and SC735
- LGA775 and LGA1366 socket types supported
- Intel Xeon Processor 3000, 3500, 3600, Core 2, i7, and Pentium Series CPU's supported
Windows 7 Professional with Service Pack 1 (64-bit) (OEM)
User Interface Enhancements
- An improved taskbar allows you to launch programs and switch between them when they're open. You can pin any program to the taskbar, making it just a click away. Rearrange icons via clicking and dragging. Icons are bigger than in previous versions, making them easier to identify. Hover over an icon and view thumbnails of every file or window that is currently open in that program; hover over the thumbnail and see a full-screen preview of that window. Move the cursor away, and the preview disappears
Jump Lists allow you to quickly reach files with which you've been working. Simply right-click an application icon to see which files it has recently opened. You can even pin files to a Jump List, ensuring they always appear on it, allowing you to access frequently-used files with only a few clicks
Certain programs, including Windows Media Player, can pre-populate their Jump Lists with common tasks. You can play all of your music or resume the most recently played playlist via the Media Player Jump List. In Internet Explorer, frequently-visited and recently-visited websites will appear
There are numerous Desktop enhancements present in Windows 7. Snaps allows you to quickly grab a window and pull it to either edge of your screen, automatically resizing the window to occupy half of your screen
You can also quickly view gadgets, or grab a file from your desktop. Move your mouse to the lower right corner of your desktop and all open Windows will become transparent. Need to hide all but one window? Grab the one you would like to keep at the top and shake it, all other windows will hide. Shake the window again, and they'll return
Windows Search has been improved since its introduction in Windows Vista. You'll be able to find files, e-mail messages, and applications via the search box, conveniently located at the bottom of the Start menu. Simply enter a word or a string of letters from the file name: you'll receive an organized list of results
Search results are organized by file type. Programs, items in your control panel, documents, music, and photos that match your search will be grouped together by file type. You can further customize search results via filters: filter by creation date, document author, and more
Windows 7 includes Internet Explorer 8, the latest iteration of Microsoft's popular web browser. Rendering web pages much faster than previous versions, IE8 includes an address bar, search tabs, and a Favorites bar to help you better navigate the web
Instant Search starts returning results as soon as you start typing your query. In addition to searching the web, the search also looks through your browsing history, making it easier to locate a previously-visited page. There is no need to wait for a search to complete if you see your result beforehand: simply click on the page you'd like to visit and IE will take you there
Accelerators allow you to highlight any part of a web page, and feed it into a frequently-used service as a search. See an address on a web page? Highlight it, and use an Accelerator to immediately display a map. You'll have access to Accelerators for e-mail, eBay, Facebook, blogging, mapping, search, translation, and more
IE8 also supports Web Slices. Allowing you to capture only a portion of a web site, you can create web slices for auction items, sports scores, weather reports, and more. When the content contained in the slice changes, it will be highlighted in your Favorites Bar
Device management has been greatly enhanced in Windows 7. Rather than spreading devices across several different screens, as had been done in previous versions of Windows, you'll be able to access all of your devices from one screen. The Devices and Printers screen will allow you to manage all of your printers, phones, peripherals, MP3 players, and other devices
Windows 7 also features Device Stage technology. Use Device Stage to interact with any compatible device that is connected to your computer. You'll be able to view device status, and run common tasks from a single window. Device icons reflect the type of peripheral, allowing you to easily see what is connected
- While most folks with multiple computers already have a home network setup for Internet sharing, it is often difficult to share other files between computers. Enter HomeGroup. You'll be able to use this function to more easily setup a home network, allowing you to share printers and files among all of the computers in your home
- Joining networks can often cause a headache, especially for users who have access to different networks in different locations. Whether it be a corporate network, a VPN, your home Wi-Fi, mobile broadband, or dial-up, all of your networks are visible in the View Available Networks (VAN) window. You'll have one-click access to any available network, and you can configure automatic connection to frequently-used networks
Performance and Compatibility
- Windows 7 is optimized so that PCs start up, shut down, and resume from standby faster than previous versions. Added features, including the aforementioned Taskbar and Jump Lists, allow you to complete common tasks. You'll be able to use the Action Center to control how the OS notifies you of systems changes. Windows 7 helps you recover from problems when they occur, walking you through the steps necessary to address common issues
- Mobile computers rely on an all-too-often anemic battery for power. Windows 7 features a number of power-saving enhancements, designed to prolong battery life. Adaptive display brightness dims a display when you've been away from your PC, and playing DVD movies requires less power than in previous versions of Windows
- We all have existing hardware and software, and it is essential that they work with a new operating system as well as they did with the old. Most devices that work with Windows Vista will work with windows 7. Microsoft has implemented a "Compatible with Windows 7" program, which allows manufacturers to place a logo on devices and applications that are compatible with the OS. You'll also be able to run many productivity and business applications that carry the Windows XP logo. Additional software to do so is available as a free download from Microsoft
- In past versions, Windows would notify you via a pop-up or other message if there was something that needed attention on your computer. Instead of using intrusive pop-up messages, Windows 7 simply adds an icon to the Action Center
- Windows Media Center allows you to watch TV, movies, and other types of video on your computer. When used with TV tuner hardware, it allows you to record television programming. It features a streamlined programming guide, which contains both standard and digital HD program lists
- With more and more media becoming available in digital formats, it is often desirable to stream media from your PC to your home theater. Windows 7 simplifies streaming, making it much easier to send media to compatible networked media devices
- Windows Media Player features a "Play To" feature, which allows you to push media to a compatible network device, while maintaining playback control from your computer. Typing away on the laptop and in the mood to listen to some music, but not through a pair of tinny computer speakers? Play To can send music to a networked stereo, Xbox 360, or other compatible device. You'll have full control over playback from the familiar Windows Media Player interface
- In a perfect world you could keep all of your movies, music, and photos on every computer you own. However, we all know that notebook hard drives are not always spacious enough to allow for this. With Windows 7, you can access media stored on your home computer from your laptop via the Internet. Simply connect to your home PC remotely and listen to music, view pictures, or watch videos over the Internet. Both systems must be using Windows 7, of course
- Windows Live Essentials, a free download for Windows 7 users, adds several features that were present in Windows Vista, but have been omitted from Windows 7. It adds supports for multiple e-mail accounts, digital photo editing, instant messaging, and online security
Windows 7 adds support for touch-screen computers, including those that support multi-touch gestures. Larger, touch-friendly icons are present throughout the OS. Interact directly with the OS and applications via touch: control media playback, scroll through documents and web pages, resize windows, and pan and zoom across large photos
Multi-touch technology allows you to control the screen with more than one finger. You can zoom in on an image by moving 2 fingers closer together, in a pinching motion, or zoom out by moving them apart. Rotate an image by rotating 1 finger around another, and right-click by holding 1 finger on your target and tapping the screen with a second
Service Pack 1
- The included SP1 / Service Pack 1 is a Windows update package that helps make the software more reliable. It includes previously released security, performance and stability updates for Windows 7. SPI provides improvements to features and services in Windows 7, including better reliability when connecting to HDMI audio devices, printing with the XPS Viewer, and restoring previous folders in Windows Explorer after a restart